Cancellations and Lost Revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancellations and Lost Revenue

I have had two brides to be cancel orders on me - one for two weeks time and the other for 5 weeks time!

I am sincerely sorry to think they may be going through a lot of turmoil really I am, but at the same time I have now lost quite a bit of revenue and I have lost count of the amount of brides to be that I have had to turn down because I was fully booked. I could have filled those slots many times over...........arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think I may stipulate that final balances need to be paid 6 weeks before the wedding in future!

No point to this thread, just needed to vent.

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

I feel for you, you're entitled to rant. I really rely on my income from my crafting which is why I take so long to commit myself sometimes, I recently declined a fair and a wholesale order as my profit would not have been worth it. I would have ended up at a loss in comparison with some of my other selling routes. It was a difficult decision though as I was turning down sales. So, if I was in your shoes I would be feeling miffed, I would definitely have some final balance clause. Hope you have a better weekend!

Comment

Hi Pauline

Plenty of point to your thread - you've lost money when you could've been making for other brides instead

I think you should definitely get payment sometime ahead, after all many companies involved in weddings do - my friends aren't getting married for another year and had to pay for their venue in full months and month ago!!! Most couples take out wedding insurance so they don't end up out of pocket anyway if the wedding's called off- unlike you
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Moan away lass, get it off your chest. Have you actually completed any of their orders? Could they be asked to pay for those? It is not your fault the weddings have been cancelled so why should you be made to suffer. I appreciate that they probably have personal trauma but so do you now. I am so sorry for you.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Definitely get that payment clause in. Not fair for you to be out of pocket.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Pauline, consider taking a non refundable deposit ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

hmm, that is very annoying, do you take some sort of deposit so that even if they cancel, you could at least cover the costs with the deposit money?

That is short notice for cancelling, I wonder what happened...

Visit my blog!
              http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
              www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

That's really rude!

I agree with the others, non-refundable deposit!

Cheer up though love and rant away!
                www.beadlab.com

Comment

Deposit for materials is definately the way to go, at least you've covered expenses. I always ask for a 50% deposit for commissions just in case. It sorts out the serious from the time wasters. Not much you can do about the time taken from other brides though.
                  Amanda
                  xx

Comment

Yes the deposit is non refundable, only trouble is that I only charge £10 for it..............which is why I think I will have to raise the deposit.

One of the orders was an extra large one of £200 !
                    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Frustrating to have the orders cancelled and to have turned down other work as well.I hope that you can make use of any materials you have bought or be able to sell the finished articles to soebody else or try selling them through a wedding shop perhaps.
                      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Sorry to hear about your orders being cancelled - what a pain!

I would definitely up the amount you take as a deposit. I always ask for a 50% non refundable deposit at the time of ordering, this covers material costs (particularly if I have to buy in specific beads/findings) and my estimated time to make it so I am not out of pocket if they cancel.

The other 50% is mostly profit

I agree with the others though that you should persue them for payment, after all, they will probably have had to pay 100% costs for a lot of things like venue, catering etc, so why should you be the supplier to lose out.

Claire
                        Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                        Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                        www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          Yes the deposit is non refundable, only trouble is that I only charge £10 for it..............which is why I think I will have to raise the deposit.

Ouch - that hurt.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

You should always ask for at least the cost of the materials especially if you have to order in specially.

And like so many others have said, payment in full 6 weeks before the big date. Time to sort out a contract or update your existing one.
                            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

If they were smart, they would've had Wedding Insurance anyway - so your costs would be covered in that. I would definately chase them for payment
                              www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Working...
                              X