Help needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please!

My mum is picking up a card I am making in the morn to drop off to a friend. Its my first one using balsa wood on it and have stuck the beach huts I have made on with PVA glue and I am now worrying that they wont stay on. They seem to be ok at min......

I normally cheat and use superglue to stick things like beads etc on but didnt know whether it would be ok with balsa.

Should I just hope it will stick or use something else?

xHannah

HI HANNAH! I have some glue called 151 Clear Glue. Super strong all purpose. It sticks anything as dries clear. Think I bought it in a @cheap' shop. It is brilliant. If in doubt I bung that on and it has worked every time. Your card sounds nice, can you show it on the forum? Sue xx
    http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

I have only made a very few cards but I would have thought PVA would be OK as Balsa wood is very light, I'm sure someone who has far more knowledge than me will correct me if I'm wrong! Selina

Comment

Thank you both, it seems to be staying on so fingers crossed - will tell mum to post it carefully through the door lol.

Sue - All three of my cameras died on me at the weekend but have just put one on charge so I can take a pic for you. Im quite disappointed with the card to be honest, I spent ages making beach huts and did lots of detail and then my toddler decided to break them in half while I wasnt looking so these ones are quite rushed and very simple! Have stuck them straight onto the white card and didnt know it it was too simple but its what my mum wanted....

will add pic asap
        xxHannah

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2690643508/

Just for you Sue!

Have just noticed I have got white paint on the side of one argh!

Like I said - not happy with it, its one of those things that will bother me all night lol

xxHannah

eta the colours are not actually as bright as they look

Comment

PVA is stronger than you think. The stuf you get in flat pack furniture is PVA don't worry it will be fine.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
              PVA is stronger than you think. The stuf you get in flat pack furniture is PVA don't worry it will be fine.
              You learn something new everyday! Disnt know that, thanks feel much better about using it on them now

xHannah

Comment

Hi

yes german Glue gets transparent after drying. So its good & durable. Not very much hard on paper.
                http://myartcreations.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey your card looks cool! And PVA is definately fine for the job

Comment

Your card is lovely, sometimes cards can be over fussy. Simple and elegant works too. I really like it and I'm sure that whoever the card is for will love it too.
                    Jo x
                    Things to make and do
                    Things to make and do's Facebook page
                    Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Working...
                    X