Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are handmade dog toys still 'crafty' items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are handmade dog toys still 'crafty' items?

Hiya, well I guess I'm not sure if this is exactly the right forum for me, but I've been making dog toys for my dog, friends' and familys' dogs and then my agility leader spotted them and has started buying them off me and selling them to club members. So now its kind of turning into a business rather then a housewifes hobby... I'm thinking about taking them to sell at a car boot and possibly a craft fair, although I'm not sure if they are really classed as a 'craft' .. surely they are if I make them? will try and upload some picture to post in a minute, takes me awhile to work out how to do it :P
    What do you think?
    Thanks
    Marie

Hi Marie, welcome to the forum. I'd say if you make them by hand then they are a craft! Most of us on here have a thing about 'bought in items' at craft fairs etc but I can't see a problem if you make the items yourself. I bet they sell quite well, we all spoil our pets after all!! Selina

Comment

yep, id say you were on the right forum A crafts a craft after all!! Hurry up with the pics!!!!
      Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

I can't post images or links, but if you go onto imageshack my profile is fishmad3 theres a couple of pictures on there of the toys I make.

oh and I've listed the rope balls on good old ebay, my username is iluvmymum - search for me, or 'rope dog toy' and it should come up!
        Last edited by Miggi; 15-07-2008, 10:11 PM. Reason: to add more

Comment

Nice to have something a bit different. Before you have finished on here you will be trying all sorts of things. They are an enthusiastic lot.
          Carol
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Marie, is that a .com or .co.uk or something else, have tried everything I can think of but can't find you!, Selina

Comment

erm its imageshack.us has a frog on the title screen, if you google it it should come up :S I'm really hopeless with computers
              sorry lol
              If you want to pm me with email address I can email someone the pictures to post if you want idk
              Last edited by Miggi; 15-07-2008, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Oh shoot I'm sorry, just read introductions and forum rules and that ebay comment will probably be interpreted as advertising... I just meant for looking at the picture thats all. Please delete it if so! Thanks

Comment

If you make them then they are definitely handcrafted.
                  They are lovely, my jack russell loves those toys, she holds the end of the string and swings the ball round. It frightens the cats to death She always ends up attacking the tennis ball though and chews it to pieces and the solid rubber ones seem too heavy for her.
                  I think yours look perfect.

Melanie

Comment

yeah i buy the rope and make em up, takes about 20-30 mins doing each one to my tight standards.. so not a big money spinner p/h but I enjoy doing them and the dogs all love em!
                    If you do buy rope toys of any sort, and this goes for all other toys too, do take care to supervise play as dogs can and do chew! and pieces of toys do sometimes cause problems... as any vet will tell you. As a responsible dog lover I will be sending out a warning leaflet/label with all my toys. I've looked into having my toys safety tested.. only to discover there are NO safety regulations for dog toys! Its shocking!

Comment

Originally posted by Miggi View Post
                      I'm thinking about taking them to sell at a car boot and possibly a craft fair, although I'm not sure if they are really classed as a 'craft' ...
                      In answer to your question, perhaps your dog toys are 'crufty'?

<groan>

Si.
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

Si that was terrible! LOL
                        Natalie
                        website blog

Comment

Originally posted by Roseberry Crafts View Post
                          Si that was terrible! LOL
                          I know!!
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

rofl scruffs not crufts i reckon!

Comment

ok i've put a picture of my small tugs on the avatar thingy. Someone hacked my ebay account this morning but doesn't look like they actually did anything to it. Ebay realised and 'froze' the account so I've spent some time recovering the account and sorting it out. I've also scanned computer throughly for keylogger viruses etc but looks all ok. Bit confused about it to be honest but hopefully its all sorted now. Just a little note, I used the same pass on this as on ebay and ebay only went awol after I joined here.. hopefully its just a coincidence!

Comment

Working...
                              X