Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I could'nt believe my eyes...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I could'nt believe my eyes...

    I feel like someone has given me the moon this morning. I think I may have mentioned that I am a volunteer for Age Concern in Rugby - once or twice ahem - My boss rang me yesterday and said someone had dropped some bits of material in and would I like them. Never looking a gift horse in the mouth I said 'Yes' and called in to collect them. Two carrier bags and a box. Bunged them in the bot of car and there they stayed.
    This morning I thought I had better sort them out.
    There are hundreds of neatly folded pieces of cotton fabric - some really old floral and striped - lovely quality - I can't begin to describe the variety of colours and designs. It will keep me happy for years. They were obviously someones pride and joy collection and wherever she is I would love her to know that I wont waste an inch.
    Bit different to yesterday when the rain came in and buckled the ceiling - ugh.
    Carol
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

  • #2
    Well done!
    They say every cloud has a silver lining.

    On a similar theme, my local factory shop (fabric) had a flood the other day, with all this rain, and some of the stock got a little damp (understatement!) I just happened to pop in to buy a couple of metres of cotton to make some aprons for an order and came away with some fabulous Cath Kidston Strawberry print at a bargain price! Also, they had a 10p basket that I almost emptied - I can see bags galore from these pieces!!
    Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

    Sue

    Bags Embroidery & Knitting

    Comment


    • #3
      what a lovely gift.. I hope you spend many happy hours playing with all the lovely fabric you have been given!
      Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by knitnstitchsue View Post
        Well done!
        They say every cloud has a silver lining.

        On a similar theme, my local factory shop (fabric) had a flood the other day, with all this rain, and some of the stock got a little damp (understatement!) I just happened to pop in to buy a couple of metres of cotton to make some aprons for an order and came away with some fabulous Cath Kidston Strawberry print at a bargain price! Also, they had a 10p basket that I almost emptied - I can see bags galore from these pieces!!
        Its sad that someones loss is our gain but - he ho -life's a bitch etc.,
        Congrats on your find.
        Carol
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

        Comment


        • #5
          fantastic news - have fun with it. Can't wait to see what you come up with
          www.corrigancards.com


          A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

          Comment


          • #6
            There was a bag of teddy bear fur and if anyone has a very simple pattern my elderly folk could make it up and stuff them for a project which they can then sell for the charity I would be most grateful.
            Carol
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

            Comment


            • #7
              so fortunate

              I remember once attending a French auction, a bookbinder/printer had wrapped up his business and everything was being sold. We bought a plan chest, it being needed very badly to put our hand made papers in.

              We did not have time to see the item until we had arrived on the sale day.

              To cut a rather long story short, on getting it home we were hugely pleased to find hundreds of antique end papers and blank pages.

              We were book restorers at the time and these period papers were extremely valuable to us.

              Nice feeling isn't it

              Richard
              For DIY gilding and antique finishes to gold leaf.
              For the esoteric & unusual in bookbinding

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, it's like Christmas all over again is'nt it. You probably couldn't have bought those things anywhere now.
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

                Comment


                • #9
                  well done all your excellent finds im sure the people who these things used to belong to will be glad they have fell into such appreciative hands
                  Jan xx



                  http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lucky you, well done Carol! I just bought some new beads and am enjoying exploring each little bag, its like Christmas all over again! Tonight I have made 3 necklaces, 3 keyrings and 2 bracelets ready for my salon jewellery party and I dislocated my thumb at work today! Happy quilting and sewing, Selina

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ahh that's lovely, it must be because you were being very kind doing your volunteering and the karma bosses have decided you should have a treat!

                      Visit my blog!
                      http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

                      Website:
                      www.peggycrafts.co.uk

                      Etsy shop:
                      www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by peggyprints View Post
                        ahh that's lovely, it must be because you were being very kind doing your volunteering and the karma bosses have decided you should have a treat!
                        Its a nice thought
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Selina View Post
                          Lucky you, well done Carol! I just bought some new beads and am enjoying exploring each little bag, its like Christmas all over again! Tonight I have made 3 necklaces, 3 keyrings and 2 bracelets ready for my salon jewellery party and I dislocated my thumb at work today! Happy quilting and sewing, Selina
                          You have been industrious. I have PM'd you re party.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X