New Dad's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dad's

Do you ever buy gifts for new dad's i know mums get gifts but how about the dad's. Nappy cakes seam to be the new thing but im looking into making gifts for the dad's to be as well would you buy something for him or is it just the mums you buy for.

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

I do. I usually get them those little wallet size photo albums that fit in the pocket.
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Ear plugs.

Ahem.

Pagan's photo album is a lovely idea to help the new daddy proudly show off pics of his latest little 'un. I've made nice wooden decorative photo frames or plates in the past, with the name and date of birth on. I think something to show or commemorate the occasion are best for dads... you know what us guys are like, we like to show off on our achievements rather than have something practical...

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

I make new dad candles too. They are in pitchers with New Dad on the front - quite popular. Think the new dad thing is going to be quite big in the future.

Cheers.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

my husband bought himself a play station when our first was born. he was under some misguided illusion that with a newborn in the house, he was going to get time to play on it
          lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Comment

I never even considered the dad when my friends have given birth!!! My mum goes for buying all those little consumables that are really useful but no one thinks to buy (cotton wool balls etc) - which pleased one friend we had as they were fed up of baby clothes!
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
              I never even considered the dad when my friends have given birth!!! My mum goes for buying all those little consumables that are really useful but no one thinks to buy (cotton wool balls etc) - which pleased one friend we had as they were fed up of baby clothes!
              oooh I do those for the mums. My friend just had a baby and I made her this one

www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Well i have made a few things for the new dad will have to see how they sell along side the nappy cakes i make. one of the things i have made is a Daddy's nappy duty tool belt everything in there to help dad change a nappy

Comment

Speaking as a dad...

Speaking as a Dad I got the best present imaginable when our daughter Eden was born.

Which was Eden herself.

Richard
                  For DIY gilding and antique finishes to gold leaf.
                  For the esoteric & unusual in bookbinding

Comment

Originally posted by edenworkshops View Post
                    Speaking as a Dad I got the best present imaginable when our daughter Eden was born.

Which was Eden herself.

Richard
                    And as a Dad, I agree with you. That's why I also liked the photo album idea as I loved showing pictures of her to friends, I felt so chuffed!
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

Gosh I feel really guilty now for all the times I have left the dads out!!!!! You have started a new trend!!!!! Sue xx
                      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Hm, I don't think my hubby would've been grateful for anything practical, but definitely likes to show off his achievements! Something for a picture everytime I think!
                        Cathy xx
                        http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
                        http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
                        http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
                        I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

Comment

Well i did a craft fayre on the weekend and i took the dad's nappy tool belts and sold 2 so looks like i got a winner with them but for how long lol

Comment

Just thought i would give you n update the gifts for new dad's are going really well so im glad i gave it a go

Comment

That's great... Hope you have many more sales

Comment

Working...
                              X