Getting knotted is driving me nuts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting knotted is driving me nuts!!!

I sell waxed cotton cord, which I get in 75m hanks, then I cut it to length. Can anyone tell me how to stop it from getting all knotted up, all the time? It's driving me nuts I spend hours unravelling the blooming stuff Is there a gizmo. a gadget, a bobbin, or, anything else that I can buy, or, make so that I can have knot-free cord? Has anyone else had this problem, or, is it just me?? Any help, or, advice will be much appreciated
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Tie metal beads on the bottom of 'em and hang them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Beadsage View Post
      Tie metal beads on the bottom of 'em and hang them up.
      Ooh thanks, I'll try that It also gets ravelled when I measure it out. I've just measure several 30m lengths and spent ages unravelling the pieces I'd measured out. Is there any way to 'wind it up' and measure it, at the same time? At the moment, I measure it out, then wind it up, I'm not able to do both at the same time
      Jayne

Comment

how long are the hanks. could you hang the over the back ofa a chair to unravel them. Or maybe a gadget that knitters use. here.
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
          how long are the hanks. could you hang the over the back ofa a chair to unravel them. Or maybe a gadget that knitters use. here.
          Thanks Goldy, I think that may be just what I need
          Jayne

Comment

To measure it use a picec of hardboard or something simelar. if ya want to measure by the meter use a half meter board wrap round once per meter. no tangles use the gadget to put it on on after measuring winding.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
              To measure it use a picec of hardboard or something simelar. if ya want to measure by the meter use a half meter board wrap round once per meter. no tangles use the gadget to put it on on after measuring winding.
              Thanks Goldy, you're a star I've placed a bid on the gadget
              Jayne

Comment

Working...
              X