Warning for Mr Site users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning for Mr Site users

I don't know if this is in the right place, but a few MrSite user have managed to pick up a trojan virus over the weekend, it seems to be hitting people that have republished over the weekend.

Anyway, I have just seen this on the Mrsite users forum, so thought I would pass it on as I know that there are a few users on here.

Due to continual problems with Trojan Viruses on the Mr Site servers we would recommend you do not update or republish your site until Mr Site has emailed all users to confirm that this has been rectified.
    www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Phew and i thought it was me and my computer. Activated my account on Friday night and work on laptop which then went totally crazy so had to reset it back a month to get rid of whatever was on there. Cannot publish my website and just tried to get onto Mr Site and nothing coming up.

Yeah there is hope for me after all. Thanks

The Soap Fairy xx
    The Soap Fairy xx
    www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

I'm very worried now!!!!

Where are the Mr Site user forums anyway? I couldn't see them anywhere. I think I need to get reading, and possibly running some additional virus checks!!!

Si.
      Last edited by woodtattoos; 24-06-2008, 07:33 AM.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

I can't post the link, but its along the lines of mrsitemembers proboards79 com

The official one got closed down apparently, but these are run by Mr Site users and there are a few people from Mr Site that go on there.

I received an email in response to my complaint this morning, came about 7am

Hi
        Thanks for your mail.

Some of you may have encountered issues over the weekend and on Monday with your website. This problem has occurred on various websites, and not just on Mr Site websites, throughout the internet. Fortunately it has only affected a small number of Mr Siters. We have been working overtime to fix this problem for you and once again apologize for any inconvenience caused by this unforeseen problem. You will not be able to update your website for the next two to three hours while we finalize the updates, but please do be assured that the problem will be fixed shortly

Please let us know if you require any further assistance
        Best
        Mr Site Team
        www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Yeah, I read that... no mention of a virus on the official release though... hmm... jeez, computers wind me up sometimes.

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Don't get me started on Mr Site again!!
            incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
            ___

Comment

Originally posted by incywincy View Post
              Don't get me started on Mr Site again!!
              Please don't tell me any horror stories... I'm happy with my site at present (although the header has vanished at present due to last night's problems and I can't put it back 'til I get home).

lah lah lah <fingers in ears, tuneless singing, eyes shut>

Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

I've just started a website on Mr Site and had my first e-mail requesting an order yesterday and now I can't even log onto my account, is that because of this virus thing does anyone know?

Thanks
                for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  I've just started a website on Mr Site and had my first e-mail requesting an order yesterday and now I can't even log onto my account, is that because of this virus thing does anyone know?

Thanks
                  I don't know the answer to your question but congratulations on the sale!!

Si.
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                    I don't know the answer to your question but congratulations on the sale!!

Si.
                    Thanks very much, hopefully I'll be able to log on before they go somewhere else!!!!!
                    for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

Hi
                      This is Anne from Mr Site. I hope your email log-on issue is now resolved. As our message confirms, there were some internet-wide issues this weekend but all is sorted now and Mr Site is up and running as normal.
                      Anne, Mr Site

Comment

Originally posted by Anne Mr Site View Post
                        Hi
                        This is Anne from Mr Site. I hope your email log-on issue is now resolved. As our message confirms, there were some internet-wide issues this weekend but all is sorted now and Mr Site is up and running as normal.
                        Anne, Mr Site
                        Hey Mrs Mr Site! to the Forum. I was just getting used to Mr Site after starting my website off this weekend and now I can't even get your homepage up... so as a result, I can't even report the fault. What's the problem? Please don't say I've been virussed through using your site yesterday, that's the last thing I need.

Si.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

Don't know if this might help (and also put minds at rest) but hubby suggests the McAffe Avert Stinger emergency virus removal tool at http://vil.nai.com/VIL/stinger/ which is a free one-off download designed to remove most nasty viruses offline, apparently he uses it all the time. Fingers crossed your PC is clear Si.
                          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Well, MrSite is back up and running. I've bought myself the latest Norton Anti Virus and Security package today which shows my system appears to be clear of all problems. But guess what?

My space bar is now sticking.

Si.
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Thanks natty I have just debugged my computer which showed up 193 virus. These i think mostly came from Mr Site as went totally crazy after I activated my Mr Site account on Friday.

Still havin probs with mr site though in publishing my site.

Patience if not one of my virtues. I want it now
                              The Soap Fairy xx
                              www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

Working...
                              X