Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memo board - Board type to use

Hi,

I'm looking for board to make memo boards, a friend gave me one which looks like pulped cardboard pressed together to make a stiff ( soft MDF) board which i can put pins into.

Is this the best boarde to use, what is it called and where do i get it or do most people use MDF?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Are you possibly referring to cork board?

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

No, its not cork. Thanks for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by hanorac View Post
        No, its not cork. Thanks for replying.
        Oh well, twas worth a try! Never mind, sorry I can't be of any more help.

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

board

Hi

I think you might be referring to a board similar to insulation board which you get from a builders merchant.

My worktable top is made of this & was invaluable for sticking pins in when I made curtains & blinds.

It comes in an 8' x 4' sheet & is quite reasonable, some builders merchants might have a smaller offcut you can buy otherwise you'll need to buy the whole sheet - they may cut it into half or quarters so you can get it in the car but you will still need to buy the whole thing, or you might get free delivery from a local firm. The whole sheet should make about 6 boards.

Once covered with wadding/fabric etc its perfect for memo boards.

Good luck

Sharon

Comment

You are refering to Hardboard the only trouble with this for sticking pins in, is if you stick them in a relatevly small area repeatedly the board will break down. cork would be a better option.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

memo boards

No it isn't hardboard - its white & about 1cm thick, I'm sure it's insulation board. I've had my worktable for over 6yrs now & its had hundreds of pins stuck in it with no problems.

I've made myself a couple of memo boards with it & they are fine. I'm also in the process of making a collection up for an interiors shop & this will include memo boards made with it.

If you pm me I can send a small piece so you can take it to the builders merchants.

Cheers

Sharon

Comment

Working...
              X