Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interview...Help!!

Hi all
    Have an interview at a local primary school next week (not selling enough at craft fairs) its for a Display Assistant, have to do a 3 hour practical and create a display on Healthy eating aimed at 4 - 7 year olds, I know it will have to be fairly simple but has anyone any ideas how I can make it more interesting than anyone elses?
    Thanks, Julie x

Could you make the display into a scarecrow type thing - so that the healthy foods are part of the body? I can visualise it in my head - but probably difficult to build
    Chris xx
    My Website
    My Blog

Comment

Julie just a thought perhaps you could incorporate the TV program 'Lazy Town' as it promotes healthy eating. One of the main characters 'Sportacus promotes healthy eating as he tells everyone he gets his strength and agility from eating fruit and veg.

My 4 yr old twin grandchildren have started eating more fruit and veg daily coz Sportacus says so basically. I think most children in that age range likle the program.

HTH

Edited to add; Check out their website for ideas www.lazytown.com
      Last edited by PaulineR; 20-06-2008, 10:05 AM.
      Pauline

GroovyCart
      Folksy
      MISI
      Ehive

Comment

Can't really offer you any advice as I'm rubbish with displays, but wanted to wish you luck anyway!!! I'm sure you'll come up with something fab.
        Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
        http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
        http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

PaulineR has a good point, my friends kids are 5 and 7 and they LOVE Lazytown, it is quite health/sports orientated.

I haven't really got any more ideas for a display, but could you kind of sort different foods out into areas of the body, e.g if you took an outline of a person, and put meat and chicken in the legs for muscles, fish in the brain for Omega 3 oils, fruit and veg and dairy as well for vitamins and calcium, so the kids can see what foods are good for each part of their body?

Reading back that sounds like it might be a bit complicated actually

Best of luck anyway, I'm sure you'll do well.

Claire

Basically - as Kiamyka said much clearer than me in so many less words!!!
          Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
          Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
          www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

job interview

Many thanks for all your replies, much appreciated, good ideas, will be getting my thinking cap on.

Cheers, julie x

Comment

Working...
            X