Sizzix Sidekick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizzix Sidekick

Hi this is my first time to the forum so please be gentle with me also not sure if I have posted in the correct place?? Can someone tell me if I purchase a sizzix sidekick machine which dies will I be able to use, am I only restricted to the sizzlits?

Great forum have only visited a couple of times and found some great ideas already... I'm also fairly new to scrapbooking and having a go a card making this week so I guess you could say I'm a newbie all round!

regards to you all, JD

Hi and to the forum.

I cant answer your question but someone will be along soon who will be able to help i'm sure.
    by Nicki
    www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

Hello
      I don't have a Sidekick myself, but I believe that you can use the Sizzlits, Ellison thin-cuts and most of the smaller Quickutz dies. (You can't use the tag die as it's too wide, but I believe the others fit.)
      I recently bought a new Sizzix BigShot, and that was very highly recommended, and so far the only dies I've found that don't fit are the largest Accucut ones, which don't fit on any personal machines.
      However, I got a really good deal on my BigShot because I had an eBay voucher and also got lucky on bidding. I'm not sure how much the SideKick's are selling for, but if it's not too much of a difference, I would go for a BigShot instead
      Susan

Comment

I have the original Red Sizzix machine which takes virtually all dies (you sometimes have to use an adaptor or convertor which don't cost too much), but as far as I know the Sidekick will only take the thinner dies - Sizzlits and the green Ellison dies, plus any other thin ones such as Cuttlebug etc.

Personally, I'd go for a machine that will use more dies..... but then again, you will just buy more dies..... (like I do!!)

Comment

i have the sizzix bigshot and the sidekick which has stopped working the bigshot takes thick cut dies and all the other makes with adapters the sidekick does the same but doesnt take the thick cuts which cut thicker card the side kick is more portable
          Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X