blogspot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blogspot question

How can I get the sides of my blog a different colour? So the centre post section is still white, but the side panels are coloured to match my website a bit better.
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

I have mine set up like that! I'll just log in and work out how I've done and I'll be right back!
    Natalie
    website blog

Comment

Right then. I think it might depend on what template you use in the first place as to how easy it is to achieve this (mines washed denim- whatever that means!) but if you go to "customise", then click "layout", then "fonts and colours" you should find a box on the top left of the page which allows you to fiddle with the colours of all the text, titles, backrounds etc.

Hope that helps!
      Natalie
      website blog

Comment

Yep you can change all the colours etc by doing exactly what Roseberry Crafts had said!
        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roseberry Crafts View Post
          Right then. I think it might depend on what template you use in the first place as to how easy it is to achieve this (mines washed denim- whatever that means!) but if you go to "customise", then click "layout", then "fonts and colours" you should find a box on the top left of the page which allows you to fiddle with the colours of all the text, titles, backrounds etc.

Hope that helps!
          Thank you so much - will have a go later.
          incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
          ___

Comment

you can change the colours etc, by going into the layout/colours section, but a basic minima template will only change the background colour as a whole. if you want borders down each side, this is easily done, but you need to customise your template. go to 'customise' on blogger, and in the layout section, go to 'edit html'

it's basically all about adding in the correct html code into the correct place, follow the instructions here,

this site is really useful, this is where i learnt how to adapt the template and added the side borders and the dashed lines to my template

there is a link on that page to a web colour calculator which, once you've mixed the colour you want, will give you the html code for that colour. there is also instructions on adding a pattern to the side borders.

hth : )
            lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Comment

If you get really flustered Sam, there is a link on my blog to Jo at Siggi Shop. She helped me such a lot with my blog ... mention me so she knows how you found her, she's really patient too!
              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Thanks lucykate & JB - it's on my to do list this week. I did try at the weekend, but could only change the whole page colour.

x
                ___

Comment

Originally posted by lucykate crafts... View Post

it's basically all about adding in the correct html code into the correct place, follow the instructions here,

this site is really useful, this is where i learnt how to adapt the template and added the side borders and the dashed lines to my template
                  Oh thanks for that! I have been trundling through blogspot templates this evening to find something that would allow me to change colours on sections of my blog. This is really helpful. And thanks for asking OP.
                  Ali
                  xx

My Crafty Blog
                  Craft Matters at Etsy

Comment

let me know when you've done it and i can take a peak!

i recommend you read through the instructions on the blogger buster site i linked to a couple of times before starting. if it doesn't work, it is most likely because the extra code you need to add, is in the wrong place. when looking in amongst all the html code of your blog layout, do it slowly as it's quite easy to think you're in the right place, when you're not!, i took me about 3 attempts to get it right. but once you get your head round which bits refer to the header, sidebar, main body etc, it all starts to make sense. also, there is a preview button at the bottom, so you can see what the changes look like before saving them.

please make a copy of your current layout code before you make any changes, that way if anything goes wrong, you can go back to the beginning and try again!
                    lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Comment

Working...
                    X