help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

I've just moved to Moseley, Birmingham and want to get into crafts. I want to join a group but i'm not sure where to find out about any. Is this the right place? Does anyone know of any?

thanks

Vicky x

welcome!

Hello and welcome to the forum,
    I know the area a bit but not sure of craft groups. I can point you in the direction of some crafts shops if that is of any use?
    Helena x

Comment

hello and welcome to the forum what sort of craft do you want to get into if you go to your local craft shop they may know of a group you can join where i live there isnt any so i pick up tips of craft tv channels and of the web and on here is a great place if you need help with something
      Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by helena View Post
        Hello and welcome to the forum,
        I know the area a bit but not sure of craft groups. I can point you in the direction of some crafts shops if that is of any use?
        Helena x
        Yes please, craft shops would be useful!

Thanks, Vicky x

Comment

craft shops

Hi again! I'm a bead fan, so my fav shops reflect that! There's a nice little shop which sells beads, spe******t wools, dyes + general gifts in Kings Heath, called Armadillo, on Poplar Road. The owner is pretty helpful and may know of groups. There's also a bead/papercraft shop in Cotteridge, which does do classes, called Pen's Crafty Den. Owner very helpful.
          There's a Hobbycraft in Droitwich at Webb's. I think there's a lot of material etc. in the markets in Birmingham centre. I think a friend of mine once did a sewing course in the Clocktower in Harborne, but that was for beginners?
          Hope this is of some help!
          xx

Comment

You live in Birmingham so there must be hundreds of great jewellery shops/galleries to go to! Just do a google search- or look in your thomson local. I live in london so I dont know much about Birmingham but I do know its a great place for jewellery. I'm sure you could pick up some leaflets from some shops and galleries.

If you want to get into crafts also look on the crafts council webiste for upcoming exhibitions.
            www.clarenash.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X