This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupcakes, Candy and Ice Cream- A Craft Challenge

I wrote this challenge for the ladies of the Mumsnet Arts and Crafts blog and thought I would add it here if anyone wants to take inspiration from it. I have made a watermelon candy bracelet that I have blogged and have some ideas for some other cupcake, candy themed crafting. So have fun if you find any inspiration from the challenge there isn't a due date as such just a bit of fun to get you brain working.

Cupcakes, Candy and Ice Cream- A Craft Challenge

Who can resist the lure of freshly baked and iced cupcakes, sticky sweet candy, and ice cream melting on a hot summer day? This challenge is to craft something with a cupcake, candy or ice cream theme an essential part of summertime and of childhood. Knit an ice cream cone, paint a cupcake, make a card with candy shapes, create jewellery in candy coloured tones, or create softies in candy coloured fabrics. If you need more inspiration feel free to sit down with a bar of chocolate, or a bowl of ice cream, or a handful of your children’s gummy sweets, essential crafting materials most assuredly. So have fun and try not to get too much of a sugar high.
    Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

have pm'd you!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

This is a great idea.
      After speaking to Meridian, we've decide to run this challenge for a month and then set a new one.
      You can enter as many entries as you wish.
      The closing date is Saturday 21st June.
      have fun!!
      This challenge is for fun and there is no prize.

Comment

This is just my sort of thing!!
        www.purplesparkle.co.uk
        http://purplesparklecrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

thanks beadsbydesign. I hope everyone has fun with it!
          Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

Comment

I'm up for this one.
            Amanda
            xx

Comment

I'm up for having a go too. Sorry to be a bit stoooopid but how do we enter, just post the pictures up here, or do we send them to someone?

Claire
              Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
              Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
              www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Ok how we do enter this challenge would love to enter as a newbie here it would be a way of showing some of my melts
                Pauline

GroovyCart
                Folksy
                MISI
                Ehive

Comment

Ow I would too - what do we do do had a read of the blog but don't know how to enter.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                  Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I've done mine nearly, what do I need to do with my finished piece???
                    Amanda
                    xx

Comment

Sorry everyone!!
                      right, when you have your entry ready, just post it on this thread, we are running our own challenge here.

here's my entry:

Comment

Ooooh thats really yummy looking beadsbydesign! Will you be selling the bag in your shop - my sister wanted a cupcake bag!

I wish I had noticed this thread sooner - I just dropped off some glasses I had painted with cupcakes today! I should have taken a piccie first! Grrr!

Claire x

Comment

Originally posted by claireybear View Post
                          Ooooh thats really yummy looking beadsbydesign! Will you be selling the bag in your shop - my sister wanted a cupcake bag!

Claire x
                          sold this one at the last market, but I can always make more! Pm me if you want one.

Comment

I've litterally just joined - can I join in pleeaaassse??? I have a few items already made. As I'm new I havn't a clue on what to do next can you help?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by craft-cuts1; 31-05-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

They are looking great, although they are incredibly tiny!!
                              A lot of of on here use flickr (free photo hosting). You can upload your photos onto there and then right click on the photo. You then get a properties option that will give the link for the photo. Copy that and then you can simply enter the url into the dialogue box that appears on the reply box. (the icon is a small square yellow picture.)

perhaps some super techie can tell you better!

Comment

Working...
                              X