Internet advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet advertising

Does paying for internet ads really work i.e Google adwords etc. I'm sure the answer will be/ought to be yes but is that because you have to pay vast amounts before you see any gain.
    I know you can put in as much as you can afford but is there an optimum amount?
    Also if I go down this route am I right in thinking google adwords would be the best??
    Can anyone explain the ins and outs?
    craftcellar.co.uk
    facebook.com/craftcellar
    twitter.com/craftcellar

0103media is the King in the respect but I'll share my experience!

Hi

I have opened an account with google ad last month and when I checked the traffic on my site this week, 50% of people were coming from google!! Now I am more familiar with it, I have twicked it a bit to try and get even more traffic. You can set a budget for instance £10/day which means once the £10 has been reached, your advert will no longer show for that day, but at least you know where you stand money-wise. I have now increased some of the adwords CPC (cost per click) and decreased some others, even deleted the ones which I think were not relevant after all, it takes a few weeks before you can see which words attract most people and see what others are ''bidding'' for these keywords, hence increasing your CPC for these words makes sense. However make sure you are in control of your budget as it can easily mount up.

I have placed my first little advert in a mag for next month and will see what happens, I am not sure how I will be able to track this but hopefully I will. My little trick is to give a discount to the readers of the mag so hopefully this help me track the readers through their purchases.

I also joined yahoo ad, but to be honest, I am giving it another month after ''tuning'' it the other day and see if that makes a difference but it's not bringing traffic anywhere as much as google is!

Good luck!
    Bea
    Last edited by Bea; 13-04-2006, 11:24 AM.
    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Craft Cellar
      Does paying for internet ads really work i.e Google adwords etc. I'm sure the answer will be/ought to be yes but is that because you have to pay vast amounts before you see any gain.
      I know you can put in as much as you can afford but is there an optimum amount?
      Also if I go down this route am I right in thinking google adwords would be the best??
      Can anyone explain the ins and outs?
      Drop me a pm it you want.. .

Online advertising is what i'm about.. 0103media is my main company www.0103media.co.uk

Hope I can help you...

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Thanks Bea,
        Its a bit of a minefield isn't it.
        Have PM'd you 0103Media
        craftcellar.co.uk
        facebook.com/craftcellar
        twitter.com/craftcellar

Comment

Hi,
          I must say that I have advertised on a very good website (!) - www.ukcraftwebsites.co.uk - which is connected to this forum. I am very pleased with the results - it has trebled the hits on my website and I have only been registered for a month!! So far hits look good for this month too and it is a bargain! Just ask Mr Media for info - he made it really easy to do too.
          Lynsey
          Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
          My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
          My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Hi,

I agree with Lyndsey, there are also a number of other sites you can join that do not cost you any money - also banner exchange networks can work really well.

The only problem with advertising is that it can cost you so much money that you can not get back when it does not work!!!

I ran a completley different business years ago and got into so much debt through advertising you can easily get cought in the trap of you need to advetise more etc... My advice would be to work out who your market is and really work out who your market is - I mean it is easy to generalise - if you concentrate on putting advertising into say Crafting Supplies your are going against thousands of other companies doing the same thing, however, if you are the only company to sell a certain product or spe******e in a certain range etc.... that is what you want to push.

Can give you some more hints and tips through pm if you wish.

Happy Crafting Wishes

Traci x

www.tjcdesigns.co.uk
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X