Best printer for cardstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best printer for cardstock

Hi. I have previously had my greetings cards printed by a digital print company, however, for small runs and personalised cards, where i need only 1 or a few printing, I want to print these at home. Ive looked at a range of laser printers but can anyone recommend a printer that produces good, high quality prints on cardstock of 300gsm but doesn’t curl in the printing process. Really need up to A3 size for framed artwork. Many thanks for reading and any guidance.

Here are Some Best Printers for Cardstock

#1 Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer for Cardstock
    #2 HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 Printer for Cardstock
    #3 Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Printer for Cardstock
    #4 HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer for Cardstock
    #5 Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer for Cardstock
    #6 Canon TS9521C Wireless Crafting Printer for Cardstock
    #7 Epson Artisan 1430 Printer for Cardstock
    #8 Epson WorkForce WF-7720 Printer for Cardstock
    #9 Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer for Cardstock
    #10 Brother MFC-J895DW Printer for Cardstock

Comment

Many thanks Jessica - do you think laser printers aren’t worth looking at. Ive had inkjet for years but the ink runs if in contact with moisture. Thought laser might be more reliable - looked at Canon Pixma range - looks good print definition- print costs for ink look high.

Comment

I've got a Pixma ix6820. Excellent for printing on cardstock as it can take heavy card and even magnetic sheets easily.

I have used refillable carts with ink from City Ink Express for a number of years now and would never go back to using expensve Canon inks. Add to this the ability to print up to A3+ size and you have yourself a wonderful, reliable printer.

Comment

I have been in touch with Epson for a printer that prints card stock and they say "Epson printers can handle up to 300 gsm. If the media being used is non Epson and heavier than 90 gsm, we cannot guarantee the quality and feeding of it. So if media being used is heavier than 90 gsm, we recommend to use Epson papers for best result".

I am so confused as to what medium priced printer to buy. I don't do much printing on card stock but would like one that does but is also a good printer for semi-gloss photo paper and general printing. Can any one help me please.

Comment

Originally posted by sheila_margaret View Post
            I have been in touch with Epson for a printer that prints card stock and they say "Epson printers can handle up to 300 gsm. If the media being used is non Epson and heavier than 90 gsm, we cannot guarantee the quality and feeding of it. So if media being used is heavier than 90 gsm, we recommend to use Epson papers for best result".

I am so confused as to what medium priced printer to buy. I don't do much printing on card stock but would like one that does but is also a good printer for semi-gloss photo paper and general printing. Can any one help me please.
            I have an A3 Epson Workforce printer/ scanner. It will print over 300gsm, I have with mine regularly, any heavier and it may need to be fed in from the back instead of the front, you can also set it for thicker paper. Epson obviously want you to buy their papers, I use a whole host of makes, finishes and sizes, never failed yet, I’ve printed for 25 years….paper is paper!
            I also have an A4 Canon Pixma that will print 300-330gsm too. The Canon will print ok for photos, I have printed two in B&W on photo grade paper, selected “Best quality” for the print, blown up to A4, flawless.

Dave.

Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your reply but I only want an A4 printer - what is the model number of the Canon Pixma as some of them that have been quoted on here are no longer available. I don't do photos or cards that often but I just thought that I might be able to get one that does both. I also have a large OKI that does card stock but I was thinking of selling it if I could get a smaller printer. I would appreciate any help that you could give me.

Comment

My Epson workforce is a 7710, I only bought that one because it is A3 printer and has an A3 scan bed too. An artist friend of mine has an A4 HP Envy that she uses for her own prints to sell from a disc that was colour balanced by a gallery but I don’t know what weight paper it goes up to or the model, I think she gets ink sent by HP automatically when the level gets low. I have had my A4 Canon Pixma for 15 years. It has never missed a beat, prints 330gsm business card stock.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                X