Cricut and metals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricut and metals

Hi there, I am new to the forum and hoping someone can help.

I have been considering buying a Cricut machine but I am looking for one that can specifically cut metals. I am hoping there is one that can cut something around the 2mm mark. Does anyone have any recommendations? (I have emailed Cricut themselves but have yet to hear back).

I am also keen on one that can cut acrylic but I assume if it cuts metal it will cut acrylic too!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Originally posted by kerriekakes View Post
    Hi there, I am new to the forum and hoping someone can help.

I have been considering buying a Cricut machine but I am looking for one that can specifically cut metals. I am hoping there is one that can cut something around the 2mm mark. Does anyone have any recommendations? (I have emailed Cricut themselves but have yet to hear back).

I am also keen on one that can cut acrylic but I assume if it cuts metal it will cut acrylic too!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks
    Hi, I’ve never used one but I’m thinking 2mm thick metal sheet definitely won’t cut, I use 500 micron thick acrylic sheet which is around half a millimetre thick and that takes a good few strokes of a craft knife blade to get through and its a struggle to cut using a mount cutter so I’m guessing neither at those thicknesses.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
    X