Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our very own Somerset Artist is a star!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ickle pickle
    replied
    Congratulations Somerset Artist Wow just had a look at your link your little mona lisa is amazing

Leave a comment:

• somerset artist
    replied
    A big thank you to Penny and Tony for trouble they took, both travelling up from their home and all the work that went along with submitting the story.

It didn't get the coverage thet we would have hoped for, but who knows. Anyway here is an image with the painting against a first class stamp, which shows the scale pretty well.

Thanks to all the encouragement that everyone gave, but this may not be the end of the story - watch this space!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...awithstamp.jpg

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• wendy
    replied
    Wow - what an inredible talent. Congrats on being in the paper!

Leave a comment:

• ezzyam
    replied
    Couldnt load a copy of it here but hubbie has put it on his web site. To view go to

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Clic on the gallery page
    put Mona Lisa in the search box and it will take you to it

Leave a comment:

• Tip Top
    replied
    Fantastic!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sprinkles
    replied
    Wow, thats excellent.

I'll be going into WHSmiths today when i get off the train and buying them

Congratulations!!

Leave a comment:

• ezzyam
    replied
    I will try to post the pic here but will probably have to wait for the tech expert to get home!!!

Leave a comment:

• PeggyCrafts
    replied
    ooh! congratulations! That's very exciting! can we see a pic?

Helen x

Leave a comment:

• sweet
    replied
    lol!

How cool is that! I will have a look at the paper later. I just about manage to hold my concentration with 'normal' sized canvases. Fair play, he has some patience!

sounds like you had fun!

s.x

Leave a comment:

• ezzyam
    started a topic Our very own Somerset Artist is a star!!

Our very own Somerset Artist is a star!!

Just wanted to let you all know that our very own Somerset Artist is a true Star!!
    If you remember he posted here about his personal challenge to paint the smallest Mona Lisa. I was absolutely amazed at the work and we went to visit him and his lovely family ( and two barking mad dogs!!!!! ) last Sunday. The piece looks fantastic, quite how he does it is beyond me it is stunning!
    Anyway to cut a long story short, this week we have gone and got Andrew featured in the press. If you get a copy of The Star today his work is on page 20 with the headline 'Mini Lisa' There is also a tiny piece in The Sun. Hopefully more to come.
    Congratulations Andrew, I knew your work was brilliant, I really hope that something big ( no pun intended) works out for you from this as you have a very special talent and you deserve the recognition for it.
    Thank you for letting us come and meet you and your lovely family and for giving us such a warm welcome. Throw the ball one more time from me!!!!!!!
Working...
X