Advice Needed About Online Payment System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed About Online Payment System

Can anyone give me advice about the best online payment system. I just have Paypal but want to go with one other? Any info gratefully received.
    Chris W.
    x
    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Hi Chris

The other PSP we use is Nochex, the biggest advantage is that you don't need a merchant account to run it. Not sure I'd recommend it however as we get a fair number of failed orders so we're changing to a new PSP in a few weeks.

I think you'll hear good and bad about all PSP's to be honest, I did find a good website that compared most but I think I must've saved it on another PC, I'll have to try and dig it out for you.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

The other main ones are 'Protx', you will need to set up a Merchant account to use this one

and 'WorldPay', they provide their own Merchant account if your bank doesn't provice the service.

The differences between all of them, is some charge a higher monthly fee and lower % on sales, and some are low monthly fee but charge higher % on sales

Debbie
      Last edited by Beadservice; 05-04-2008, 10:49 AM.
      www.beadservice.net
      On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Nochex

Hi I use paypal and Nochex and 80% of people use paypal . on my new site I am going to use paypal and google checkout . I reckon that there cannot be a better web partner than google.

Hope this helps

Brad

Comment

I'd recommend protx or worldpay too, the main difference between them is the merchant account as Debbie said, and worldpay holds on to your money a bit longer.
          Just avoid HSBC, they are having huge problems this year (I'm not with them).
          If you are a member of the FSB, look at Streamline.
          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Payment online

Hi I would either recommend streamline/Protox or Paypal pro these both offer the best deals at the moment. The benefit of Paypal Pro is that you already have a paypal account they offer a very good deal on their rates you don't need a merchant account and you are then able to take payments over the phone. I take it you just have the standard paypal account at the moment so all you would need to upgrade is a unique IP address and an SSL certificate and you would be up and running (neither of these are expensive). Also last time I checked paypal Pro was a slightly better rate than the Streamline/Protox combination.

Hope this helps

Comment

I didn't recommend paypal pro following my experience. I had huge problems with it.
              In my view, Paypal pro is also more expensive. For instance they do not offer a set rate for debit cards like other UK based merchants do, all the transactions are between 1.9 to 3.4% (depends on T/O) + 20p. Other merchant accounts offer rates below 2% for credit cards for a lower T/O (debit cards vary between 16 and 29p per transaction I think).
              Even the monthly fee is cheaper: Protx (if no longer on the £20/month, is 10p per transaction), paypal pro takes 20p/transaction + £20 monthly fee.
              When I do my accounts, it's clear who's cheaper.

However, the main benefit of paypal pro is the merchant account, they do it for you.
              Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all this very helpful advice, it sounds like Protx is the best option overall?
                Chris W.
                x
                Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Working...
                X