Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food dehydrator-creative ideas?

Hi

I posted on here quite a while ago about drying fruit. I have now got a food dehydrator that was bought for me as a present. I intend to dry oranges/apples and other fruit etc for crafts, esp xmas. Also fruits/herbs etc for cooking. I'm trying to think of ideas of how else I could use one in a crafty way. I saw flowers mentioned. Does anyone else use theirs for things I have not thought of? Thanks

It doesn't look like anyone else has a food dehydrator. Just bumping up in case anyone has missed your original post.
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for that. Not to worry!

Comment

I was looking up dehydrators this weekend, can't believe there is a post on here about them! I hadn't even though of a crafty use for them!

So I know nothing but "when" I get one I want to try fruit leathers! I found this recipe through google, know idea if it is any good or not!
        twopeasandtheirpod.com/homemade-fruit-leather

Good luck!
        Sheila Wiseman - magical wire sculptures

www.etsy.com/shop/SheilaWiseman

www.facebook.com/sheilawisemanwire

Comment

You can use them to dehydrate flowers to make confetti, pot pourri etc.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
            You can use them to dehydrate flowers to make confetti, pot pourri etc.
            This sounds like a great idea, but make sure you use edible flowers and avoid any that might be poisonous if you intend on using the dehydrator for food items too. You'll be safe with rose petals, pansies, and lavender).
            Carol
            Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
            Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by the card shark View Post
              This sounds like a great idea, but make sure you use edible flowers and avoid any that might be poisonous if you intend on using the dehydrator for food items too. You'll be safe with rose petals, pansies, and lavender).
              Most of my kitchen utensils have been comondeered for crafting!
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Working...
              X