Baked treats by my family....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked treats by my family....

We had to treat ourself to a new oven after our other one decided to totally pack up. It was a blessing really that the old one died. We have lived with it since moving in to our house over 7 years ago, and it needed replacing then! So today was the first chance I had to do some baking in the new oven. I had a little helper for the fairy cakes. The chocolate sandwich is all my own work. The crumbly edges annoyed me, but I don't think it will affect the flavour.

2014-02-23 15.41.55.jpg2014-02-23 16.38.52.jpg2014-02-23 17.24.57.jpg
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

All looks great to me...I really don't think you should even consider eating chocolate cake with crumbly edges...it could be dangerous. Please send it round here straight away and I will personally deal with any chocolatey threat the crumbly edges may cause....

Comment

I'm afraid there is a chunk out of the chocolate cake now.....
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

It seems I am not the only one who likes to live dangerously.... looks like I will have to get out the mixing bowl if I want cake

Comment

My husband does like cake that contains chocolate. He was willing to risk the crumbliness. He has survived so far.
          View my flickr

Comment

The fairy cakes look lovely! The chocolate cake looks particularly yummy too :-)
            "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
            www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

Unusually there are still loads of fairy cakes!
              View my flickr

Comment

That would be unusual for in my house too! :-)
                "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
                www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

How did I miss these delicious looking cakes? Haha I bet you don't have any left now!
                  Carol
                  Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                  Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

No they are all eaten. I need to bake some more. I don't know what to bake though.... or I might make some cookies.
                    View my flickr

Comment

Chocolate cake looks awesome - I love baking, when we got a new oven I was made up! If you are bothered about crumbly edges try using chocolate ganache - it tastes amazing, is dead easy and covers all sins there's a tutorial on the christmas chocolate cake post on my blog if you are interested
                      Crafter, baker, painter, beader, blogger, maker
                      Blog: http://beingmrsgardom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Mmm yummy, crumbly edges and all! And the fairy cakes look delicious too!
                        "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Working...
                        X