• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MornieG Jewellery
    replied
    Originally posted by Critchley View Post
    They look a bit morish. Yum yom.
    They are that's the trouble, warm with a nice bit of vanilla icecream.................................

Mo.XX

Leave a comment:

• Critchley
    replied
    They look a bit morish. Yum yom.

Leave a comment:

• MornieG Jewellery
    replied
    Cooling now. Found a pot of luxury mincemeat with brandy, nom nom nom !!

Mo.XX

Leave a comment:

• MornieG Jewellery
    replied
    Sorry doing this from memory and it's a very flexible recipe to suit your taste.....

Popovers.

One batch of puff pasty ( I use bought in but you can make your own if you must )
    300g Bramley cooking apples.
    100g - 150g chopped ready to eat unsulpherated apricots chopped.
    Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon.
    100mm water
    35g Castor (unrefined if you have it) sugar, plus a couple of table spoons to sprinkle.
    Egg white to glaze.

Preheat the oven 200deg C / 180deg C for fan ovens.

Put the water, apricots, apple, lemon juice and zest and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat for about 15mins untill the fruit is soft and the mixture pulpy and not runny. Cool.

Meanwhile roll out the pastry into a 3/4 or 2/6 rectangle so you can divide it into 12 equal squares. Whisk the egg white untill frothy.

Place a spoonful of the apple mixture in one corner of the square and brush the edges with egg white. Fold over to make a triangle pressing the edges together to close. Don't overfill it's messy.

When all are prepared brush the tops with the remaining egg white and sprinkle with castor sugar.

Bake for approx 20mins untill puffed up and brown. Cool slightly before serving as the fruit mixture will be very hot. If serving cold you can mic up 50g icing suger with two teaspoons of cold water or lemon juice to make a drizzling icing over the cooled popovers.

Variations.
    1. Add sultanas with apricots or instead of.
    2. Apple sultana over a dollop of chocolate/or choc hazelnut spread.
    3. Leftover christmas mince meat ( that's what I'm doing tonight )

Enjoy. Mo.XX

Leave a comment:

• thebluemeg
    started a topic cooking comp

cooking comp

hi all, i am doing a baking comp at school so i wondered about any suggestions> has to be cakes buscuits or pastries made in 75mins. but any suggestions welcome
Working...
X