Baked Potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Potatoes

Not crafts related at all but hope one of you foodies might know the answer.

I've just had a baked potato for my lunch and even though I laughed when they were first advertised I'll confess very sheepishly that it was one of those frozen ones you pop in the microwave for 5 mins. Now I know that's the height of laziness and I don't plan to buy them again because of this, however it's very convenient when I only get a few minutes to myself for lunch every day and it beats the packet of crisps I usually manage to grab.

So finally the question...

If I cooked up a batch of baked potatoes one evening would I be able to freeze them then zap in the microwave for 5 mins when I want one? I know it's probably a stupid question but I can't understand why anyone would buy the packaged ones if it was that easy.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
    Not crafts related at all but hope one of you foodies might know the answer.

I've just had a baked potato for my lunch and even though I laughed when they were first advertised I'll confess very sheepishly that it was one of those frozen ones you pop in the microwave for 5 mins. Now I know that's the height of laziness and I don't plan to buy them again because of this, however it's very convenient when I only get a few minutes to myself for lunch every day and it beats the packet of crisps I usually manage to grab.

So finally the question...

If I cooked up a batch of baked potatoes one evening would I be able to freeze them then zap in the microwave for 5 mins when I want one? I know it's probably a stupid question but I can't understand why anyone would buy the packaged ones if it was that easy.
    Yes!

When I used to work in an office, I used to take in a baked potato (cooked in the microwave), cut in half with baked beans and some cheese and I'd heat it up in the work microwave. It was fine. The potato skin won't be crispy though not sure what the frozen ones are like as I've never tried them.
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

have you tried the already prepared bacon and cheese potato skins?? lovely!!
      www.facebook.com/JmKeepSakes

www.etsy.com/shop/JmKeepSakes

Comment

If you make them as filled skins they are great.

Bake, scoop out the insides, mix with filling and fill up the skin. Somehow they defrost and microwave better.

I usually cover in foil and place in a big sandwich bag, they don't get freezer burned that way.
        Do not watch this space

Comment

Working...
        X