Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Cakes HELP!

Hiya,

Not too sure if anyone can help. i've recently just started to make pop cakes, just having a few problems:

1/ When i put the lollipop stick into the cake no matter how gentle i am when it comes to applying the chocolate the stick going right through. - From a little research i'm thinking maybe put the cakes into the fridge before i apply the outer chocolate?
    2/ How to i stop the chocolate from dripping down the stick when drying?
    3/ Does anyone have any idea how long these will last for when complete?

Thanks
    Kirsty xx

Enchanted Crafts
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Telephone: 07969331071

Any thoughts on the above?

Thanks
    Kirsty

Enchanted Crafts

Comment

I assume you mean cake pops? Sorry I can't help, I've never attempted to make them. Perhaps this will help to bump up your thread though.
      Carol
      Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
      Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Hi Kirsty,

I don't make cake pops, but work with chocolate.

By the sound of it, your chocolate is not properly tempered, beause it's too runny. Are you using the chocolate melts (available in small bags in craft shops ?) or proper chocolate ? If you are using proper chocolate, you should be able to dip the cake in and by gentry turning it and shaking the exces chocolate you should get most of it off, before you put your cake pop asside (obviously do this upside down or side ways - not you (!), but the cake pop...).

Like with all cakes, I am sure, they need to set/relax, whathever you call it, before you add the chocolate. This should stop them from crumbling.

Whatever you are coating with chocolate has to be within a room temperature - if it's too cold, then you 'shock' the chocolate too much and you might have blooming apre.aring later and you create too much moisture underneath the chocolate (which could cause mould later on).

Shelf life ? Realistically 2- 4 weeks ? (not completely sure).

Happy baking.
        Passionate about all things handmade...

Proud owner of WowThankYou - stylish and affordable way of selling your crafts and makes

Friendly advice and coaching for small businesses

Cocoa & Heart Website

Comment

Originally posted by the card shark View Post
          I assume you mean cake pops? Sorry I can't help, I've never attempted to make them. Perhaps this will help to bump up your thread though.
          Haha yeah i did mean cake pops! thanks

Enchanted Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by Cocoa & Heart View Post
            Hi Kirsty,

I don't make cake pops, but work with chocolate.

By the sound of it, your chocolate is not properly tempered, beause it's too runny. Are you using the chocolate melts (available in small bags in craft shops ?) or proper chocolate ? If you are using proper chocolate, you should be able to dip the cake in and by gentry turning it and shaking the exces chocolate you should get most of it off, before you put your cake pop asside (obviously do this upside down or side ways - not you (!), but the cake pop...).

Like with all cakes, I am sure, they need to set/relax, whathever you call it, before you add the chocolate. This should stop them from crumbling.

Whatever you are coating with chocolate has to be within a room temperature - if it's too cold, then you 'shock' the chocolate too much and you might have blooming apre.aring later and you create too much moisture underneath the chocolate (which could cause mould later on).

Shelf life ? Realistically 2- 4 weeks ? (not completely sure).

Happy baking.
            Thanks so much for your help

I use normal chocolate. I think I just need to learn to be patient.

Thank you for all the information, need to get back to baking now!!

Will let you know how I get on

Enchanted Crafts

Comment

Hi Kirsty,

I make cake pops!

1) After you've rolled your pops, you need to put them in the fridge for about 20 mins or so to set them. Then you should be able to insert the stick without it going straight through. Once you've done this, pops them back in the fridge

2) Dipping - if you're using chocolate, you need to use a good quality one as some of the own brands, when melted, are too runny. To see what the best consistancy is, buy some candy melts from hobbycraft or lakeland, melt in microwave as directed, add a little veg oil, and then you'll see the right consistancy for dipping. It is fairly thick... Once dipped you can tap off the excess and pop the pops into an oasis block to set. (stick in first)

3) Cake Pops last between 7 and 10 days in an airtight container, in a cool dark place.

Hope this helps,
              Rachel x
              Create Jewellery School
              www.createjewellery.co.uk
              www.designitmakeitwearit.com

Comment

Working...
              X