No announcement yet.

This really bugs me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me - there were live crawfish at the grocery store, so I got a bunch because my husband is from Louisiana, and i thought I'd make etouffee, which he loves. This man next to me said to pop them into brine for a while to get the gut to empty....okay, sounds good...home i went, put them in a bucket of salt water, went off for a few minutes, came back, and by Jove the bucket had not a single crawfish in it!! They had all crawled out!! I found them all over the place - it was like hunting for Easter eggs! However, in the days to come, I frequently found dead ones here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
      chickens feet.....very rubbery
      There is a Chinese Takeaway joke there but i won't go into it

Yes, as you say Pete, "eat first ask later", that's how I came to love black pudding and jellied eels.

I will give most things a try, especially if I've seen others do it 1st and they lived after.

Vik

Oakdale Studios Facebook
      Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
      bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
        Reminds me - there were live crawfish at the grocery store, so I got a bunch because my husband is from Louisiana, and i thought I'd make etouffee, which he loves. This man next to me said to pop them into brine for a while to get the gut to empty....okay, sounds good...home i went, put them in a bucket of salt water, went off for a few minutes, came back, and by Jove the bucket had not a single crawfish in it!! They had all crawled out!! I found them all over the place - it was like hunting for Easter eggs! However, in the days to come, I frequently found dead ones here and there.
        Fantastic story Susan LOL Hope you found them all they really stink when they go off !!!

I have eaten Lobster but I hate the thought of picking a live one out of a tank in a resturant and they put it straight into boiling water to kill it.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I'd eat bugs, wouldn't bother me (although grubs never look appetising) - then again, I enjoy roasted pig's trotters, liver, kidneys and heart, and so many of my friends will not touch these relatively normal foods. It's odd sometimes how squeamish people are.

I have a recipe for brawn, but cannot find a butcher willing to sell me a pig's head, maybe it's illegal or summat . . . . . . .
          www.darkflightsart.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-...63232150439256

Comment

No, it's not illegal at all.

You just need to go to the right butcher. Try asking if you can order one for Christmas - The Boars Head in Hand bear I, bedecked with Bays and Rosemary.

You might get better results the rest of the year if you just ask for pig's cheeks, which is what brawn is (mainly) made out of anyway.

Comment

In touristy gift shops here, you can buy lollipops with real scorpions in the center.

Comment

Oh yes My sister bought me one of those when she was living in Dallas.

What I was going to say was make anything out of marzipan and I'll eat it. Yum yum.

Comment

Working...
                X