Cupcakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupcakes

A very nice friend of mine made these for me for a meeting I am having tomorrow, I am a bit worried in case they out-shine my gold plated acorns lol.

You can probably guess the theme? if not it's Robin Hood, The Major Oak and Acorns & oak leaves.

Thank you Lynne, and also to Phil, he made the arrows ;-)

You can see more of them on my Facebook>>>>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakdal...37123016336172 the trouble is, will they make it through the night????

Vik

Please excuse the photos, they're off my phone, I will load up better ones soon.

Oakdale Studios Facebook
    Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
    bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

They are amazing. Almost look too good to eat, but I'd have problems turning one down. They look yummy!!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Scrummy................Hoiw do you sell them in boxes of six ? LOL

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

What a talented friend you have they look amazing!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
          They are amazing. Almost look too good to eat, but I'd have problems turning one down. They look yummy!!
          Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
          Scrummy................Hoiw do you sell them in boxes of six ? LOL

Mo.XX
          Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          What a talented friend you have they look amazing!
          Thanks for the comments, I'll pass them on and yes, before you ask, they are still all there lol

Lynne makes them in her spare time, it's only a hobby, but I think she ought to do it full time.
          I don't think she realises how good they are, they really do look great in real life.

I have no idea how much something like them would sell for in a shop, I've not seen anything like them in one. She said £1 each but would that even cover the make-up costs? Any pricing ideas would be grateful thanks as I've not paid her yet.

I can't wait til 11am tomorrow, that's when the meeting is and when I'll finally be able to get my teeth into one.....................or two.....................or three!, well they are different flavours :-)

Vik

Oakdale Studios Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
          bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Masses of on line companies selling cupcakes. Cheapest I saw £1.60 each up to £2.60 for a muffin ( large cup cake before we have any rude comments ) sized one LOL

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mo, so a hand-made cupcake would be more then especially like the ones I have with all the detail?

I know what a muffin is, and I can't see any innuendo in it at all so there'll be no rude comments from me.
              By the way, my favourite on is the one with nuts on.............well, it wouldn't be me would it?

Vik

Masses of on line companies selling cupcakes. Cheapest I saw £1.60 each up to £2.60 for a muffin ( large cup cake before we have any rude comments ) sized one LOL

Mo.XX
              Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

On line ones are handmade with lots of variations to the decorations some very elaborate like yours. That was retail so probably paying a wholesale price for quantity is fair to both parties.

My apologies for even suggesting you would be rude about muffin. Of course you like the ones with your nuts on best.

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

On line ones are handmade with lots of variations to the decorations some very elaborate like yours. That was retail so probably paying a wholesale price for quantity is fair to both parties.

My apologies for even suggesting you would be rude about muffin. Of course you like the ones with your nuts on best.

Mo.XX

I have seen these here for £16 + £8 p&p for 6 so that's about £4 each, would that be about right?
                  http://www.classiccupcakes.co.uk/sho...3&CategoryID=2

This is just something I found on the web but I have no idea at all how much a good quality Muffin would cost....Damn n' Blast, I said to myself "I wouldn't go there"!

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

Will you stop posting cakes especially chocolate ones, I'm on yet another diet and the meer sight of chocolate puts on a pound LOL

Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Will you stop posting cakes especially chocolate ones, I'm on yet another diet and the meer sight of chocolate puts on a pound LOL

Mo.XX
                      It's OK Mo, nom-nom-munch-chomp they've all gone chomp-chomp-chew-slurp it's safe to view this thread chew-munch-chomp-nom-nom all the cakes have gone chew-chomp-hic-burp.

Oh dear, I don't feel so good.

Vik.....aka Mr Creosote

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

Hmmmmm nice !!! The ' BURP ' at the end being the icing on the cake so to speak......

Mo.XX
                        Last edited by MornieG Jewellery; 03-10-2011, 11:48 PM.
                        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                        www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Hmmmmm nice !!! The ' BURP ' at the end being the icing on the cake so to speak......

Mo.XX
                          Well the meeting went great but we spent the 1st 20mins talking about the cakes and not my acorns, they want some more but Lynne isn't sure how much to charge them, now that's the icing on the cakes!

I was going to put "we spent the 1st 20mins talking about Muffin and then the conversation turned to my nuts", but that would be an innuendo laced cheap shot, I don't do that any more!!
                          I seem to be growing up from the 7yr old boy trapped inside of me lol

Vik

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

Glad the meeting went well and they got around to discussing acorns eventually, but do they want to stock them ?

Of course you wouldn't have made such an immature, purile comment but you can't use the excuse of growing up though. You may get past a 7 year olds mentality but as we all know progress beyond about 15 in certain areas of the brian is almost unheard of in the male of the species. Women tend to mature far beyond that, but then get to a 'certain age' and decide to revert backwards and grow old disgracefully instead LOL

Mo.XX
                            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                            www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Glad the meeting went well and they got around to discussing acorns eventually, but do they want to stock them ?

Of course you wouldn't have made such an immature, purile comment but you can't use the excuse of growing up though. You may get past a 7 year olds mentality but as we all know progress beyond about 15 in certain areas of the brian is almost unheard of in the male of the species. Women tend to mature far beyond that, but then get to a 'certain age' and decide to revert backwards and grow old disgracefully instead LOL

Mo.XX
                              Hi Mo, the charity can't afford to buy my acorns "up-front" at the moment as of yet but might do when they're selling like "hot-cakes"? The proposal at the moment is that they have them on their charity eBay Shop and link the acorns to my PayPal.

When someone buys an acorn their eBay shop sends me notice, PayPal sends me the money, I print off the delivery note, package the acorn and pay the postage and then transfer their agreed share of the profit back to the charity.

I should get some tax relief from the giving and they should get some extra from Gift Aid, but I need to clear this up with my accountant 1st before agreeing to anything, as with "everything that seems to good to be true usually isn't"!

It all needs more researching, some finalising and contracts drawing up but at least it's a go-er.

The procurement officer for the tourist shops is still on holiday, hopefully we (the charity and myself) can get the acorns into their shop at the Sherwood Forest and right in front of the tourists faces, and as they only close on Christmas day it's probably the best place to sell them, then move out to other tourist hot-spots in the area.

The Major Oak Tree (aka "The Queens Oak") is coming up to a 50th anniversary, as is the charity so "right now" seems to be the time for us to form this partnership.

Now, back to your rather sexist and ageist remarks, I had to look that up as my 7 & 1/2yr old brain and lack of education can't comprehend these matters as of yet, I have seem "old" women acting disgracefully and didn't realise why'd they'd do such things, or indeed that some of the deeds possible to perform at their age!, so thank you for clearing that up.

Seeing that it has taken me 54yrs to reach 7 & 1/2 I fear though, with the laws of averages, I may not reach 15 .........................but I'll give it a damn good go!

On the plus side, I can watch Dave TV 'til I do!

Vik xx

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X