Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Planning!

Hey,

Its my mummys 50th at the end of June and we are planning a surprise party and I am looking to make as many decorations by hand and as as I can!

Since you guys are the foodies I was hoping you could point me in the direction of somewhere to get purple food colouring and edible glitters not pricey in the UK? Also any nice food ideas are welcome as my sister and I are organising it over facebook being opposite ends of the country we are struggling lots.

Thanks in advance everyone

KayleighAnn
    My Homemade Life

Or at least the early beginnings

You're better using a purple paste from a cake decorating shop as a little goes a long way which makes it good value for money. If you can't get to a shop it's sold on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUGARFLAIR-GRA...item3cb602c1e9
    As for glitters I saw a load of these yesterday in Home Bargains for 89p in a round tub with 4 colours used for sprinkles but supermarkets are now cottoning on to cupcake decorating and you can find similar decorations there too

Comment

Couldnt find any edible glitter in Home bargains but found some sparkly pink glitter in B&M for 49p BARGAIN! which will be useful for the decorating. Thanks for the tips! Just the paste or dye to hunt down and some more glitter

KayleighAnn
      My Homemade Life

Comment

IMHO, nothing beats a good cheese selection and some french bread! But cheese is pricey. So is everythig else, darn it.

A deli meat platter? A raw veggie platter with ranch dip?
        Lots of fruits!

My fave dips are hummus and spinach, with good butter crackers.

Just how many are you planning to feed? Wanting to do a meal or just snacky things?

Comment

Its just a buffet we are gonna do and I think its 40-50 people I think. Family live a while away do never know if theyre gonna turn up! The platters are a brilliant idea, just went on the food list my sister is making ha

My forte are the sweet dishes but we are also doing bbq sides and sandwiches/wraps now too

KayleighAnn
          My Homemade Life

Comment

So, you and your sister are doing all the food/prep? Brave girls!!

Comment

Well I suppose we are though my auntie and boyfriend will be helping somehow, we have a whole day and an extra morning to do it all before we decorate the bar
              My Homemade Life

Comment

Working...
              X