Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cakey Makey

Hi,

Has anyone here purchased from a company called cakey makey?

We placed an order with them on 16th February which has not arrived. They have no contact details on their website and when we fill out their contact form we just get an automated reply.

Thanks in advance,
    Nicky

I know that I and many others bang on about distance selling regs and how to comply websites should by law have a geographical address - but your query really does emphasis the need for this?

This company could be anywhere, in any country.

As it happens, they are in Dorset - post code BH23 1JB - pm me if you want full address.

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Nicky,

Unfortunately you are not alone!! I belong to a group of cake makers on Flickr, and there are a few of them on there that have had similar experiences as you! If you paid via paypal, open a dispute to get your money back.

What were you trying to get hold of?
      My Website :http://www.angelcakesessex.co.uk
      Become a Fan on: Facebook

Comment

So annoying when this happens and a lesson to all, do not buy from a site that does not have an address and landline, and ensure you meet the DSR if you do have a site.

As fairycakes said paying by paypal you can open a dispute but you have to log it within 28 days of your order and do not remove until you have either got the money back or your goods received.

Comment

I got my money back, but still a bit p***ed off about it all.

Sent them one last message today saying they needed to phone me by 5:00pm otherwise I would be opening a Paypal dispute. Just after midday I got a full refund.

What annoys me is that there was no message, no apology, no indication as to why they had not sent the order. If they had communicated if there were a problem it would have been ok. It is really strange to think that you can run a business like this.

All they have done now is get some bad press on here which will have an adverse affect for them.

Comment

Thing is the bad press isn't just on here!! It's all over Flickr, and the British Sugarcraft Guild website, so they are not doing themselves any favours at all!!!!!

Did you find somewhere else to get what you needed?

Comment

fairycakes1972

I was mainly after small quantities of sprinkles and sugar decorations. I am only experimenting with different ideas at the moment but would like to find new suppliers.

Is there a market for cupcakes still - It seems that everyone is doing it at the moment?

Comment

Depends on where you live lovely! I'm on the Essex/East London borders and the world and his wife are setting up home businesses selling cupcakes!!

Try Make a Wish for your sprinkles, it's where I usually get mine!!

Comment

Hi Nicky, I am having the same issues with cakey makey, I placed an order on 12th august and paid through paypal..I received nothing and contacted them twice and heard nothing..I re-ordered my stuff and added a note saying I had heard nothing from my 2 enquiries and could they advise me when I would receive my orders..still nothing!! there is no phone number and only a PO Box address. I am going to email at the address '[email protected]' which showed on my paypal transaction and see what happens. Can you let me know if you have had any joy with them..thanks, Sarah

Comment

Hi Fairycakes 1972
                    I found a site called 'edible glitter' who have some amazing stuff on there, have a look :-)
                    Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah, I've not seen that site before!!!

There are loads of people still having probs with Cakey Makey!! Seems they are one to stir well clear off : ( which is sad as they did sell some great cupcake cases!!

Comment

Hi, I know the thread about Cakey Makey was started a while back but just wanted to say I had similar experiences but then they sorted themselves out and haven't had any problems since (until now when my emails don't seem to go through and their new website still isn't up!). I buy my cupcake cases from them and continue to do so because I can't find anywhere else that offers the same quality and range of bright colours, as well as their mini muffin size which is just perfect ie not the tiny one mouthful size but slightly larger. Unless anyone can suggest another place to find similar quality?

Comment

I have been using Cakey makey for a couple of years now and to start with they were great then as all above said above they slipped, they told me last year it was due to a death and promised to get back to normal asap.. as i worried i tried every manufacturer i could get hold off and sent them cupcake case samples and none of them could locate where they came from!! could not believe it. Then i saw they were back and were ok for a bit and now they are hit and miss again.. such a shame as their cases are brilliant. So frustrated that i cannot source them else where

Comment

I think the cases they originally sold were from Australia, as were most of the coloured cupcakes a couple of years ago! I bought a load from an Australian supplier and they were exactly the same as Cakey Makey's. Not sure if they are the same ones as they are sellling now, as they look a bit different!

Comment

I can't tell you how relieved I am to find this forum - I thought I was going mad with the Cakey Makey website. I ordered some of their lovely mini cases and I've been practising making minis with a view to setting up business - I'm ready now and can't get any cases!!!! I've surfed til I'm blue in the face and haven't found any that look as good quality.
                              So, fairycakes1972, are you allowed to tell me who the Australian supplier is?
                              Or has anyone found an alternative? (All the other ones I tried went transparent and greasy) Please help!

Comment

Working...
                              X