white chocolate chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white chocolate chips

Anyone know where I can get some from? I know I used to be able to buy them. My pretty huge (newly expanded) Sainsbury's has about the best selection of baking/cake decorating stuff and they don't have any. I've looked in Asda and Morrisons too. Are they just not fashionable anymore? I'd like them for tomorrow afternoon (getting last minute now!) - otherwise I'll make do with milk chocolate ones, and get the white chocolate ones in if I ever find any for another time.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

I'm not domesticated to know about these things such as cooking and using the oven......

But, what about a bar of white chocolate and bashing it into bits? Would that work the same way??!!

Comment

Well, I am considering resorting to milkybar buttons if we can get our hands on a packet. The bashing the chocolate bar to bits sounds like lots of fun but on this occassion I would like something a bit more even in size.
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Have you tried Tesco? I bought some from there the other day, I also spotted some in my local Asda (but I'm based in Loughborough so thats probably not much help!) I suggest to just keep looking as they are still about.
        Hope you manage to find some )

Comment

I haven't been to tescos as its on the other side of the city - almost a 20 min drive and my local asda is terrible (already been they had no chocolate chips of any variety!). I'm not going to have time to get to tescos today. I'll maybe look next time I'm in that direction.
          View my flickr

Comment

I saw some in Morrisons, the one near Ikea (well sort of, near Spon End) a few months ago. Is that too far from you.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

That's where I usually go shopping (but went to the Sainsburys on A45 last week due to knowing they have a better baking department!), but I didn't see white chocolate ones last time I went there a couple of weeks ago. I'll look tomorrow (which will be too late for today) and see what their supplies are like now, maybe get some in for the future. I'm thinking of using white chocolate buttons now.
              View my flickr

Comment

Our Asda does them

Comment

I get mine from Tescos
                  www.happysheepdesigns.com

Photographic cards, prints and gifts, and hand-knitted/crocheted accessories and clothing

www.busyted.co.uk

Home of Busy Ted! Also find him on Twitter @busytedstuff and on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Jayne1873 View Post
                    Our Asda does them
                    which asda do you visit? Couldn't find any choc chips at the london road branch.

Originally posted by HappySheep View Post
                    I get mine from Tescos
                    Looks like a visit to tescos then when I get the chance if Morrisons don't have any tomorrow.

I've done my baking now. I used white chocolate buttons, but not sure it was the best plan. I was making flapjacks and when I put the buttons in to mix into the mixture they melted quite a bit due to having had to melt the butter. I'll see how they do at the Kenilworth Show tomorrow now. Quite a lot of entries in lots of categories.
                    View my flickr

Comment

Hmm..I thought white choc chips were pretty standard, but obviously not in your neck of the woods. Any nearby cake shops?

Comment

Only greggs, but that obviously doesn't count!!! I thought they'd be easy to find, but I was wrong!! When I find some I'm definitely getting some in stock!
                        View my flickr

Comment

Sorry if this is a bit too late lol but hope it will help in the future!
                          You can definately get white chocolate chips from Sainsbury's - I got some yesterday. They are made by Silver Spoon. Our Sainsbury's has a pretty basic baking dept but it does stock milk, white and dark chocolate in bars and drops. Much better stocked than Asda or Tesco IMHO.
                          Aldi are always worth a look as well. They stock Dr Oetker (or however you spell it!) stuff and sometimes have baking supplies in.
                          http://rainsdropsnroses.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X