X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorch
    replied
    Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Just follow the instructions on the packet and you cannot go wrong, I have used this before for decorating cookies. Squires is just down the road from me and I have found their products really good.
    Oh, thanks. Glad to hear that it works well.

I'm hoping it's nice and strong, as I'm going to make 3D things, and thin things like fishing rods...

Leave a comment:

• indri
    replied
    And there was me reading the thread title as "squirrels run out of icing mix!" with the image in my head if a squirrel baking a cake!

Leave a comment:

• Caroleecrafts
    replied
    Just follow the instructions on the packet and you cannot go wrong, I have used this before for decorating cookies. Squires is just down the road from me and I have found their products really good.

Leave a comment:

• Scorch
    started a topic Squires Run Out Icing Mix

Squires Run Out Icing Mix

Has anybody here used this special icing mix?
    It looks like this : http://www.lawsonshop.co.uk/productinfo.php?pid=1882

I'll soon be making some runout icing decorations - a bricklayer's trowel, a spirit level, some tabletennis bats, golf clubs, fish and fishing rod, that sort of thing. Some of these will be 3D, such as the trowel.
    Now, I've done this before (although some 20 years back), so that should be no problem, hopefully. (Famous last words there!) But we always used home-made royal icing, and I don't have a mixer and all the ingredients to hand, so I bought some of this mix for simplicity. Has anyone got any useful tips or info about it, before I start?

I'm planning to use thin acetate sheets, instead of the old greaseproof or waxed paper that we used to use - I'm sure that has to work better. Anyone tried this?
Working...
X