It all depends on how you say it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It all depends on how you say it!

We are having a dinner party tomorrow night…….
    My hubby asked what I am planning, I usually just say ‘Food’ as I like to surprise so I said

The menu is soup, chicken & veg, dessert, tea/coffee
    Sounds like a school dinner - Boring huh!
    He knows I love cooking so he wasn’t convinced but here is the menu all dressed up……….

Homemade butternut soup topped with crème fraiche and chives

Grilled chicken in orange juice with roast potatoes, honey glazed carrots, garlic mushrooms and peas

Meringues with strawberry yoghurt, fresh strawberries topped with vanilla sugar and grated chocolate

10 types of tea and 4 varieties of coffee on offer.

Of course lashings of wine, good conversation and 2 scatty cats for entertainment but that goes without saying

Does that make it sound more interesting?
    Terry xxx
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

How about a little low key background music?

What time do you want us round??

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
      Homemade butternut soup topped with crème fraiche and chives

Grilled chicken in orange juice with roast potatoes, honey glazed carrots, garlic mushrooms and peas

Meringues with strawberry yoghurt, fresh strawberries topped with vanilla sugar and grated chocolate
      What makes it sound even more interesting is that YOU will be cocoking it (instead of me!).. I like cooking, but it is always a great treat to have someone else turn out a nice meal!

Sadly I will be kipping tomorrow night, in preparation for a long drive to France.. or I would gatecrash!! he ehheeheheheh!

Comment

I like the surprise of the 'school dinner' menu myself I'm not a fan of pretentious-sounding recipe descriptions!
        "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
        Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
        http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Your food sounds delicious... can we all join you?

Though the 'school dinner menu' sounds intriguing!!

Comment

School dinner & not a spotty sponge in sight
            **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
            Different prize every month
            Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
            PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

It sounds delicious. Not sure you should have have told us, though, it looks like we'll all be turning up.
              Celia
              I can't be creative and tidy too
              www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
              The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
              Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Oohh yum. What time should we get there?

Comment

I'll be at the door with the rest of them - I don't mind doing a bit of washing up!

Linda

Comment

Of course you are all welcome! Please be here for 8pm or else the soup will get cold!
                    Nut and wheat allergies have been catered for! Chicken is from responsibly farmed sources, veggies, spuds and strawbs from UK, Devon clotted cream yoghurt...... have I covered all the 'PC' bases? Probably not! Although I had to go further afield for wine as I don't even know if there is such a thing as British wine?

Thanks for the comments - I was aiming for 'oooh that sounds delish!' rather than pretentious (ouch) sounding morsels that wont fill a fly.
                    Terry xxx

Comment

Theres the 3 choirs vineyard in England http://www.three-choirs-vineyards.co.uk/
                      and the cwm deri vineyard in Wales http://www.cwm-deri.com/ both produce nice yummy wines..... so you can get them next time you have a dinner party!

Do you cater for not quite 3 week old children?
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                        Theres the 3 choirs vineyard in England http://www.three-choirs-vineyards.co.uk/
                        and the cwm deri vineyard in Wales http://www.cwm-deri.com/ both produce nice yummy wines..... so you can get them next time you have a dinner party!

Do you cater for not quite 3 week old children?
                        I didn't know that - will have to try them (any excuse to try some wine) as for catering for 3 week old babies? Yes of course - solved by inviting their mum who provides exactly as nature intended
                        Terry xxx

Comment

making me hungry!! packing stuff for weekend away in devon, got to work all day tomorrow and have two boys to sort out so have had a few biscuits only this evening as no time to cook properly. Only logged on here very quickly to catch up but must really get on with it I suppose!!!
                          www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

It does sound delish!

I love butternut soup, chicken, garlic mushrooms and as for the strawbs with cream and chocolate thats not pretentious thats HEAVEN
                            I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmeeee...
                              lets see, if I get in the car now, I can be there in..... !!!

Hope you have a great night. xx
                              by Nicki
                              www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

Working...
                              X