Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy drinks

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has some nice tasty recipes for healthy drinks such as fruit smoothies, etc?

Thanks

i am having a slim a soup for lunch?! does that count as healthy?!

urrrmmmm.....
    Helen Victoria
    classic and contempory, bespoke jewellery for any occasion
    Phoenix Trader
    http://www.helen-victoria.co.uk
    [email protected]
    www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Helen-Victoria-Jewellery/152577689219?ref=mf.

Comment

I struggle with drinks. I tend to have things like cranberry juice, grape juice and mainly tea with sweetener. I'm rubbish at drinking water so try and have cordial whenever I can. Theres always Green Tea if you want to be extra good. Sorry, not much help.

Sarah
      Baby bibs with a difference...
      We now do t-shirts up to 4 years!
      www.bibbledribble.co.uk
      http://www.folksy.com/shops/BibbleDribble

Comment

I used to be an expert on smoothies!

I love soy milk, banana and honey - throw 1 banana, 1 glass of soy milk and a squeeze of honey into the blender and hey presto! banana smoothie

You have really got to like soy milk though

Try it with strawberries, soy milk and wheatgerm

Mango, yoghurt (unsweetened natural) and skimmed milk

Try other fruit/yoghurt milk combos

Healthy doesn't mean low fat though, so use low fat milks and yoghurt where you can, always buy unsweetened and count it into your carbohydrate and calorie allowance for the day if trying to lose weight
        www.beadlab.com

Comment

Yeah it's the drinks that I'm struggling with... I've drank nothing but water since Saturday and now I'm bored of it and don't want any more lol, I'm still eating healthily but have given into the bottle of Pepsi Max which had been sitting unopened since Christmas

When I go shopping on Saturday I'm going to make sure that I stock up on fruit juice I think but other than that, I'm hoping to start making my own smoothies, etc but don't know where to start lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
            I used to be an expert on smoothies!

I love soy milk, banana and honey - throw 1 banana, 1 glass of soy milk and a squeeze of honey into the blender and hey presto! banana smoothie

You have really got to like soy milk though

Try it with strawberries, soy milk and wheatgerm

Mango, yoghurt (unsweetened natural) and skimmed milk

Try other fruit/yoghurt milk combos

Healthy doesn't mean low fat though, so use low fat milks and yoghurt where you can, always buy unsweetened and count it into your carbohydrate and calorie allowance for the day if trying to lose weight
            Ooooh, thanks for that - I'll give some of those a try. Does soy milk taste much different from 'normal' milk?

Comment

My lot won't eat fruit so I make smooties for them regularly. I tend to use tinned fruit in juice - not syrup - as its cheap and I think it blends better than fresh fruit. You can get all sorts of tinned fruit at most supermarkets so you can try lots of different varieties. Two tins of fruit, plus their juices with about half a carton of regular fruit juice (supermarket brand apple juice usually) will make a large jug of smoothie.

We really like mango & pear with apple juice.

I've tried using milk to make them but I just can't seem to make a nice mix and I'm too tight to invest in a recipe book. There are loads of recipes available on the internet though.
              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I love smoothies!

I normally make mine with whatever fruit I have lying around the house to be honest - not one of them were ever the same

I also bought frozen fruit too - it was lots cheaper I found. Especially if you use farmfoods or iceland - they seem to be cheaper for fruit than supermarkets. I added whatever fruit I liked, a little bit of orange juice and some yogurt. The yogurt again was whatever was left in the fridge - if I had just been shopping it was greek style natural yogurt, if it was a couple of weeks later it was the vitality which was a day out of date! I don't like bananas myself but if you put in a small one with lots of berries it soon takes away the banana taste.

As for other drinks, myself and my children drink a lot of apple juice and orange juice mixed together!
                My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

There's nothing wrong with pepsi max, it has no calorie content and is sugar free, it is bad for you teeth though and it contains caffiene and those fake sugar things that might give you cancer depending on if the papers are having a slow news day or not.

I quite often drink cranberry juice with soda water and fresh lime. Plain water is boring but you get used to it and actually, you do need it

Drinking water also helps fill you up so that you don't snack between meals.

Edited to say: yeah soy milk tastes a lot different to "normal" milk, buy a small one to try first, you can get 250ml cartons of it in some shops.... most people can't stand it, it is quite an acquired taste. Do you like tofu?
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

Hot water with a slice of lemon is good for detox. If you don't like the sour taste, you can add a teaspoon of honey.
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

oooh, lots of fab ideas there - I'll definitely be trying out some of those

In answer to your question, I've never tried tofu not soy milk so will have to add both to my shopping list to try them

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                        oooh, lots of fab ideas there - I'll definitely be trying out some of those

In answer to your question, I've never tried tofu not soy milk so will have to add both to my shopping list to try them
                        You're in for a treat!

No really, the reason I asked is 'cos they are similar tastes. It really is an acquired taste though so don't throw things at me if you hate them!
                        www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                          You're in for a treat!

No really, the reason I asked is 'cos they are similar tastes. It really is an acquired taste though so don't throw things at me if you hate them!
                          I'll let you know how I get on - need to find out what to do with Tofu now lol.

Comment

I have just been browsing the forum, which is great by the way, and saw the food bit, my favourite thing!
                            I drink soya milk all the time, as get bad headaches when drinking milk, especially, bizarrely in tea. It took about 3 months to get used to the rather sour bean taste, but now can't drink tea or eat cereal with regular milk, it tastes funny.
                            Have you tried carrot and apple juice with fresh ginger? Or pear & apple with or without fresh ginger. Both rather yummy.
                            Or mango, pineapple, and orange, with or without a dash of rum. Very messy with fresh fruit, but worth the sticky mess for the taste.

Comment

My freezer is full of pre chopped fruit which I buy when it is on offer or at about 3pm at our local market- bananas, apples, kiwi, grapes,pears, all the berries etc.

Then i also freeze in ice cube trays low fat yoghurt - plain, vanilla or banana flavours work well.

So whenever I fancy a smoothie- I choose which fruit I fancy- then either go for a yoghurty one with about 4 cubes of the iced yoghurt and let them defrost maybe for about 30 mins then blitz in the blender with some apple juice- or just omit the yoghurt for a pure fruit smoothie.

You can alter how thick you like it by altering the amount of apple juice.

Have you tried the fruit fusion herbal teas- they are delicious- and I'm not a herbal tea kinda person!!

Another one I love is to blend a bit of elderflower cordial with Robinsons white grape and melon cordial and add fizzy water- delish!!

Ohhhh- I'm off for a smoothy.........
                              www.babymemories.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X