Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dried Flowers

Hi

Well living out here in Deepest Darkest Rural France, I don't get much opportunity for Flower Talk so if there is anyone out there who want's to talk about flowers and flower drying - I would love to exchange ideas and experiences.

CA
    SilicaSec sells Silica Gel for Drying Flowers - www.silicasec.co.uk

My mum grows and sells dried flowers I have to ask her about it...

She sell them in a shop in a place called Ludlow in Shropshire that in the UK...

I'll get back to you on this subject...
    sigpic

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Hi there,

Shropshire! That's where my Depot is. All my UK orders are dispatched from Shrewsbury

CA

Comment

Thats mad...

I used to live some 20 miles from Shrewsbury ...
        sigpic

Comment

.......Such a small world! :lol:

Comment

Sending Flowers To London

I want to send a fresh flower arrangement to my step-brother in London. Can anyone suggest a good online florist?

And if you ever need to send flowers in North America check http://www.onlinefloristreviews.com

Thanks!

Comment

I live in France - However I have just had a competition on my UK website and ordered the prize for the winner from www.post-a-rose.com - She was delighted with the flowers, and their service is excellent.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Carol-Ann
                I live in France - However I have just had a competition on my UK website and ordered the prize for the winner from www.post-a-rose.com - She was delighted with the flowers, and their service is excellent.

Hope that helps!

Great site post-a-rose... come accross it a few times... Thanks Carol...
                sigpic

Comment

Im looking for dried cherry blossom flowers.ANy ideas?
                  https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

hi carol,have you see dry flower frame,can be hall on the wall,decorate your home,all are natural products
                    http://cngiftsmall.com is an online retail and wholesale store which sells thousands of art handicraft items made in China.

Comment

dry flower

hi , i,m from Pakistan. Its a country full of seasonal flowers and weeds etc. I,m not in any business but do dry the leaves and flowers as my own. I like to share ideas and skill . Have you ever tried microwave drying ?
                      http://myartcreations.blogspot.com

Comment

It is something I would love to dabble in. Microwave, now that sounds interesting, tell me more please.
                        What setting
                        How long
                        Do I treat them with something first
                        and anything else I would need to know.
                        I will definately have a go.
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                          Im looking for dried cherry blossom flowers.ANy ideas?

you can order dried cherry blossom flowers from this website
                          www DOT cherryblossomflorist DOT net

any further information if you need just email or pm me.
                          florists Bangalore, florists kolkata, flower bouquet in Chennai, cheap flower delivery faridabad , Florist in Andheri

Comment

drying flowers/preserving lime slices

Originally posted by Carol-Ann View Post
                            Hi

Well living out here in Deepest Darkest Rural France, I don't get much opportunity for Flower Talk so if there is anyone out there who want's to talk about flowers and flower drying - I would love to exchange ideas and experiences.

CA
                            Hi, I am new at trying to make pot pourri, and I put some of my beautiful giant pansies in borax yesterday...read that that was a good way to dry flowers - we shall see...has anyone else done this? I have borax on hand - for my soap making, so that's why I went with this approach. I wonder if it will leave a fine white powder on the flowers that I cannot get off?? I wonder if any borax residue would affect the essential oil in the fixative?

What I would LOVE to know is how to preserve a slice of lime so that it looks pretty, to go in the pot pourri. It would not be just drying strips of peel, which is pretty, but preserving an entire slice. And maintaining a natural product - don't want to use chemical preservative products...just something natural that will make the lime slice continue to look like a lime slice for some time to come!

My middle child attended the Université de Lyon one summer.

Comment

drying pansies

The pansies I put in borax powder the other day are drying beautifully BUT they do have fine white powder stuck on them...hopefully when they are completely dry, the powder will shake completely off...maybe I'll try the hairdryer on them, on cool....

Comment

Working...
                              X