Curtain width...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtain width...

I am a complete novice, but want to get curtains for my new house. It has windows 41 inches wide, and its 81 inches from top of the window to the floor. What size curtain would i require for this window, to the floor. I plan to put 1 curtain on each of the 2 windows in the room on 2 seperate poles.

So the question - for a 41 inch wide window - how wide for the pole? how wide for the curtain to have a nice full effect, but not too much.

width

well, the rule used to be one and a half times the width. It would depend on the material, I made some and I made twice the width. Hope this helps a bit
    Julia

www.enchantedceramics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stevens
      Hi

In reply to your question "how wide should your pole be". Rule of thumb it should be 20 cm wider than your window each side. It should be fitted 20cm above your window (assuming there is room).

You then should measure from your pole to where you want your curtains to finish. If buying ready made curtains then the largest size that will fit your window with no alteration will be 66 inch wide X 72 inch long.

Hope this help you
      Luck is where the crossroads of hard work and opportunity cross.

Comment

I think your original deleted post probably made more sense Lee................is it something about Sunday evenings that bring 'em all out?

Comment

Working...
        X