Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction - Hello!

Hello

My name is Philip and I run a soft furnishing business in Nottingham - I will be logging into this forum more often now and hopefully will be able to offer help, advice and brief explanations on how we do things.

Philip
    Last edited by Schuhby; 25-09-2008, 11:15 PM.

Hello Philip and welcome

Visit my blog!
    http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
    www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Hello and
      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Hello Phillip and welcome to the forum

Comment

Hi and
          www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Hello Phillip and to the forum.

Jo x
            Things to make and do
            Things to make and do's Facebook page
            Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hi Philip and welcome to the forum. The other gentlemen (note the word boys!!) will be glad for some more company - as of course we all are.
              Cynthia
              http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Hello and

Enjoy!

x x
                "Buffys Charms" my lil ol' Blog

Buffys Charms Website

Comment

Hello and Phillip. I have always wanted to have a go at re-upholstery. Do you dabble in that or is your craft totally unrelated to your day job. Sorry, I'm just being nosey. Nice to see you here anyway.
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ifor-Jones View Post
                    Hi Philip and welcome to the forum. The other gentlemen (note the word boys!!) will be glad for some more company - as of course we all are.
                    I wouldn't bank on it.

Comment

Hi Phillip and welcome to the forum
                      for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

Hello .... Thank you all for the welcomes.. It's much appreciated! Carol I've only really every done dining chairs, upholstery is something I've wanted to be involved with, but never take the plunge. I make upholstered / padded pelmets though.

Surprisingly basic upholstery isn't so difficult, but it really is hell on your hands. It's certainly tough work on your hands - there are a few youtube videos showing the basics, mainly upholstered pelmets and headboards, but well worth a look.

As with most things, having the correct tools for the job makes life a whole lot easier and having a good book to take you through the points is also a must.

Philip

Comment

Originally posted by Schuhby View Post
                          Hello .... Thank you all for the welcomes.. It's much appreciated! Carol I've only really every done dining chairs, upholstery is something I've wanted to be involved with, but never take the plunge. I make upholstered / padded pelmets though.

Surprisingly basic upholstery isn't so difficult, but it really is hell on your hands. It's certainly tough work on your hands - there are a few youtube videos showing the basics, mainly upholstered pelmets and headboards, but well worth a look.

As with most things, having the correct tools for the job makes life a whole lot easier and having a good book to take you through the points is also a must.

Philip
                          I Fancied going to college for it a few years ago but the thought of loading the settee onto the roof rack every week put me off a bit. Never mind, maybe - one day???
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                          X