cant find a better section for this. ruffled cloth after stitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant find a better section for this. ruffled cloth after stitching

I know this isn't exactly fashion but its the closest i could see on the forum.

I'm make some hearts for valentines day and have a small issue. when i turn the hearts inside out it is becoming ruffled at the point between the hills.

2013-02-11 19.00.23.jpg

does anyone know how i can fix it? or exactly what i am doing wrong im using a straight stitch on my sewing machine, then turning it inside out to see the above.

You need to clip the seams so the fabric can lie straight. Clip almost but not quite to the stitching. Also, at points - both inner and outer - don't stitch a 'V' but rather stitch one or two straight stitches at the base of the V - this actually gives a much better impression of a point when turned the right way round.

Any basic sewing book will tell you this in full detail with illustrations - depending on whether the curve is convex or concave, you need to clip slits or clip notches - why not get one out of the library?

Comment

Yes and have a read on how neclkine facings are sewn (v necks)... Its the same process. Have a look on YouTube for videos to help you if the books don't explain it properly.
      Shelley x
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My Blog - www.reviverevampremake.blogspot.co.uk
      My Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/ReviveRevampRemake
      My Etsy shop - www.etsy.com/shop/ReviveRevampRemake

Comment

Working...
      X