regulations/requirements for tees??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regulations/requirements for tees??

I was wondering if anybody knows the legal requirements for labelling t-shirts??

I make and sell jewellery, but i used to customise t-shirts and am thinking of adding some to my shops. but i want to be sure i do it all legally!!!

a while ago i bought some fruit of the loom blanks and customised them by cutting out the necklines and cutting slashes all down the back (best way i can describe it!!) i am also thinking about experimenting with hotfix crystals too.

can i leave the fruit of the loom labels in or do i have to use my own labels as the tees are customised? some of the labels have to be removed (eg cutting out necklines) so would i need to replace them? or can i send a piece of paper with the t-shirt that contains this info??

im assuming there are legal requirements, but what are they? sizes? fabric? washing instructions?

any help on this topic would be hugely appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    SarahJane x
    www.rockprincess.folksy.com
    www.treasurebox.folksy.com

SarahJane

Not exactly my area of expertise. If you are buying Fruit of the Loom t-shirts, then they will always be a Fruit of the Loom product. I personally would leave the label on as a selling point as to the quality of your materials. You should then brand them in a way to give them an identity for your work. You will not be trying to pass them off as a Fruit of the Loom product, as I assume they will sell for more than standard retail! If you cut the label out then you would not have to replace it.

I do know a bit about copyright and what you are doing will not break the law. You might find it useful to have a word with your local Business Link office. They should be able to help with legal requirements - use them they are a free service.

Roger

Comment

Working...
    X