pink shorts for my daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pink shorts for my daughter

Yesterday I needed to make some and I had no idea what to make and I only had a small amount of farbric, mainly fat quaters but with a little digger I found some pink cotton.

I made a pair of pink short with pretty flower lining for the pockect and added some ric-rac that I had lying around and an iron-on butterfly, it's great to use stuff I have stored for years to find a use for it, feel very proud that the only thing I had to purchase was a bit of elastic.

I love sewing but I'm self taught and need to make the finish a little more polished. so what to I do with edges? for example the centre seam (inside) of my short has not been neatly finished so what should I have done? should I get an overlooker? or should I zig zig all the edges before I start? Off course from the outside it all looks find but I think with washing etc.. it may all fray.
    shorts.jpg
    Last edited by JJM; 28-04-2011, 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    not craft related.

They're really cute! Love the butterfly
    www.rockprincess.folksy.com
    www.treasurebox.folksy.com

Comment

They are very nice. Well done, very professional looking. As for the seams you could zigzag them or use a bias binding. I used to zigzag mine when I made clothes for my children, but if you have a machine that has an over locking stitch it will stop them fraying.
      Carol

Comment

Beautifully made and very attractive trim too. She will love them
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

aaah they are lovely, my daughter would love them! Really wish I could sew.
          Lyndsey

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Working...
          X