Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummerbunds......

....Damn things.

The next time your best beloved says 'Darling, I'd like a cummerbund for this do we're going to' grab him by the throat and slap him about a bit, until he decides that the nearest gents' outfitters is really where he'd like to be.

DO NOT let him choose a faux moire taffeta in a fetching shade of petrel blue and cadge a pattern from his mother. Especially do not spend your Thursday evening swearing, cussing and turning your workroom atmosphere a matching shade of blue because the moire shrinks as soon as it sees your iron, whilst trying to follow step 3 of the cadged pattern, where it stipulates that you must press the pleats into the cummerbund with the aforementioned hot implement.....

Just say NO and suggest divorce.....There is absolutely nothing in this (stupid) pattern that a total beginner couldn't (in theory) handle. However, four hours, lots of swearing, and violence later, I have finally made something resembling the pattern picture. I hate this blessed fabric with a vengeance. It is not the lovely 'James Bondish look' type moment one was hoping for....... It wasn't at all "Sean Bean in the M&S ads"

I'm going to bed now, with chocolate icecream and a bar of Lindt. Humph.....

Jules
    Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 01-06-2007, 12:28 AM.
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
    ....Damn things.

The next time your best beloved says 'Darling, I'd like a cummerbund for this do we're going to' grab him by the throat and slap him about a bit, until he decides that the nearest gents' outfitters is really where he'd like to be.

DO NOT let him choose a faux moire taffeta in a fetching shade of petrel blue and cadge a pattern from his mother. Especially do not spend your Thursday evening swearing, cussing and turning your workroom atmosphere a matching shade of blue because the moire shrinks as soon as it sees your iron, whilst trying to follow step 3 of the cadged pattern, where it stipulates that you must press the pleats into the cummerbund with the aforementioned hot implement.....

Just say NO and suggest divorce.....There is absolutely nothing in this (stupid) pattern that a total beginner couldn't (in theory) handle. However, four hours, lots of swearing, and violence later, I have finally made something resembling the pattern picture. I hate this blessed fabric with a vengeance. It is not the lovely 'James Bondish look' type moment one was hoping for....... It wasn't at all "Sean Bean in the M&S ads"

I'm going to bed now, with chocolate icecream and a bar of Lindt. Humph.....

Jules
    Well knowing absolutely diddly scwat about about fabric, Patterns and all that im totally confussed.Sounds very annoying and you have every right to ask for a divorce and go to bed with a bucket of ice cream, chocolate and a huge bar of Lindt. and don't forget the G+T a large one!!!.
    God here I go again sounding really sarcastic. Its really not meant that way.
    Anyway the Games Bond look is out this year. I could run up a nice number in MDF for you. LOL Though that might not be the look you are after.
    No honestly I do know how frustrating things can be. Tomorrow is another day.
    Sleep well and im sure anyway what you have done is absolutely great. (we are our own worst Critics)
    http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Just tell your hubby in future cumberbunds are out and he will have to make do with a nice pair of braces instead!!!! No chance he would ask you to make them!!!

Sorry hope you enjoyed all the ice cream and chocolate.

cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Men just don't have a clue do they ..... I think you should suggest divorce anyway for him putting you through all of that ;-)

Hope the ice cream and chocolate was good
        Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Comment

Made Another...

I was awake early this morning, probably due to far too much sugar late last night, so I dug around in my fabrics and unearthed some deep red/black shot slubbed silk.

It took me all of 45 minutes to run up another cummerbund, which looks fantastic. I knew I should have stuck to a natural fabric....

Sean Bean; can you phone me please? I need a model.......

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
          X