Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Robot...

Hi guys,

New to the forum here, I am planning a new project for some street theatre in the coming year and I am wanting to create some sort of Robot body suit...

I will be funding this myself and I have a lot of time to do it, (well, 5-6 months)...

I am just in the planning stage and I have been looking at some idea's of what to do...

The basis of it would be something like a storm trooper (Star Wars), not too much like it, but the idea of body plating, on that note, I don't want it to look like a Storm Trooper, if you get me...

I have been looking at something along the lines, (very along the lines) of this...

(I had an image here, but I cant post it until I make 25 posts, so I erm....hmmm)

Now, I dont mean, I want to copy this artists work, I am just using this as a stimulus...

The main thing that gets me with this is the midrif (Sp), I kind of want the stomach to look like that, although... I realize it would take a contorsionist to get into that, but I was thinking of something like that, but maybe with wires and tubes, to hide the width of the stomach...

Another thing that I like about this is the build up of the shoulders and head.. I really like the way the artist has built up the shoulders to give the character of the robot an almost convoluted feel to it, it has it's own majesty...

Another thing I was hoping to do was to have the joints of the robot not too different from the picture, what I mean it like... to make it look very ball and socket...

The robot suit itself needs to be wearable and I also need to think about the head and face, as some may agree that, that is the most important part of the robot...

I am wondering though what the best material would be to use for building the actualy body suit... I was thinking Paper Mache, built on with lacquer or maybe some kind of hardening gum, something that will give it a very plasticy kind of look and feel to it, I dunno....

I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas as to what I could use, or if you would be so willing, offer some suggestions as a whole...

Hi Stick the pick in your album in your profile. Then I can get a better idea of what you want.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Aye, thanks mucker...

Still stewing over this... Im looking on Ebay for a lycra bodysuit...

Comment

Working...
      X