Why did I throw it away!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did I throw it away!!??

Years back I bought about 1m of wadding to use in one of my many ideas which never actually happened.
    Im sure Ive thrown it away, yet now Ive had an idea and I could have used the wadding.

Why do I throw things like that away, will I never learn!!??

Are there any other stories of 'arrrgh, I could have used that!!'
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

i completely undertsand im one of those people that does so many different things that im always overun and i clear out what i think ill never use and then ofcourse the next week i realised ive thrown out just what i could of used happens all the time
    www.somethingforpuffins.co.uk
    http://twitter.com/#!/charlotteforsfp
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Someth...1343187?ref=ts

Comment

I too had such habits but now corrected. I buy what I like and fit me perfectly else vice-versa.

Comment

We have moved a fair few times and always have a clear out when we do. Our biggest problem though is books. We seem to be book magnets and I seriously regret a lot of books we got rid of. Complete sets of PG Wodehouse, Neville Shute, HG Wells, ****ens, not to mention literally thousands of others that we would have to spend a fortune on to replace. Mind you if we hadn't we wouldn't really have room for any furniture in the house. We have been here 2 years and are up to four figures again already.

Pete

EDIT: Oh come on D I C K ens is really pushing it too far LOL
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

I often have a purge then regret it but these things happen and only so much you can keep.

Pete you make me laugh D I C K ens must admit I typed S P E C I A L I S E D the other day and was censored

Comment

Let's not beat ourselves up. I, too have had throw-outs and regretted it. So then I remind myself that at the moment, it sure felt good to get rid of so much "stuff."

Also, the wadding was probably really dusty and maybe even deteriorating a bit....so we must realize that something we bought long ago is best gone by the wayside at some point.

Things, especially books, help define us sometimes...if only to ourselves. It's like my loom. My husband has been wanting me to get rid of it for years. Even when I used it regularly. but it represents ME to myself. And my books do too. These things are part of ME.

So we have to remind ourselves that we still exist, and that these things are not lost to us, they live in our minds and hearts. Maybe not the wadding....

But it IS weird, is it not, how you need something soon after getting rid of it?? Why is that???

well anyway, none of this probably applies to any of you. I'm just having a bad morning....
            Last edited by removed10; 23-12-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post

But it IA weird, is it not, how you need something soon after getting rid of it?? Why is that???
              Over here we call it Sod's law Susan,

Pete
              "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
              Facebook

Website

Comment

Well, I am having a morning full of it - grand kids have diarrhea and vomiting. Yay.

Comment

Ouch, both ends at once, not funny. Hope it gets sorted quickly and doesn't spread.

Pete
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by PenelopeWildberry View Post
                    I too had such habits but now corrected. I buy what I like and fit me perfectly else vice-versa.
                    Hi Penelope. Just looked at your site. Some pretty stuff there. Do you make it?
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

The times I have said to someone, Oh I have some of that, turned the house upside down looking for it and then remembered I threw it out or gave it away previously. I still seem to have a mountain of stuff left from previous crafting genres and so much fabric I am loath to part with, lots of fab wools, silks and linens that I keep thinking I will get someone to make that up for me, but never do. Mo.XX
                      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                      www.bodrighy.co.uk
                      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

My friend i am also like you. I like to wear jeans lot of my jeans i have thrown because it were out of fashion, but now those pattern of jeans are again inn. I too realize now that why i thrown them.

Comment

Can't say I have that problem Heather. Really can't imagine me wearing 40" bottom burgundy hipsters again LOL

Pete
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

If I don't use something within a year or so I throw it away. Yes, I have occasionally regretted it, but then I think for every one thing I've tossed and regretted there would be a hundred things I haven't. Chuck it out and don't look back I say...
                            Jellyfish Jelly Blog
                            Crafty Ideas for un-Crafty Parents

Comment

Become a fabric/craft hoarder - like me!
                              Remember... waste not want not!
                              I do always get shouted at though for saving little scraps of fabric etc, but they do get used - eventually!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X