Beginners question about sewing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners question about sewing machine

Hello everyone! Some of you already know me from my introduction but the main part doesn't know who am I.
    So, I'm Aria, and I'm a beginner in sewing. Maybe, even not a beginner because I don't have my own sewing machine yet. I watched soooo many videos about how people make clothes and I'm dreaming to do the same. And now I'm ready to start. The last thing I should do is to buy a sewing machine. And I'm stuck with this issue. There so many brands and models on the market. Moreover, they could portable, small, big, industrial, computerized, for quilting, etc. Which one should I buy if I'm just a beginner??? In my opinion, for the first time, I can buy a small unit like Janome 2212 from this review. It seems to be a good decision because it costs not too much and takes up little space. What do you think? What kind of machine did you start with?
    All suggestions are appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by 3dDave; 22-04-2020, 12:56 PM.

Originally posted by Kroletta View Post
    Hello everyone! Some of you already know me from my introduction but the main part doesn't know who am I.
    So, I'm Aria, and I'm a beginner in sewing. Maybe, even not a beginner because I don't have my own sewing machine yet. I watched soooo many videos about how people make clothes and I'm dreaming to do the same. And now I'm ready to start. The last thing I should do is to buy a sewing machine. And I'm stuck with this issue. There so many brands and models on the market. Moreover, they could portable, small, big, industrial, computerized, for quilting, etc. Which one should I buy if I'm just a beginner??? In my opinion, for the first time, I can buy a small unit like Janome 2212 from this review. It seems to be a good decision because it costs not too much and takes up little space. What do you think? What kind of machine did you start with?
    All suggestions are appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Hi, we don’t mind you asking for recommendations for machines, we have quite a few knowledgeable members that sew, we do not however let people posts review sites in embedded links as this one carried prices, offers etc so can be seen as an ad or selling post which is not allowed as per forum rules.

Dave, forum moderator.

Comment

Hello Kroletta. I use nothing but Janomes and have 5 of their machines. They are easy to use. Go with one that does straight and zig zag with auto buttonhole option. The latter is a must.

Comment

Working...
      X