Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?

what are dye cutters?

They are die cutters - and give you the shapes to make cards, such as hearts, elephants etc - have a look on my website under die cuts and this should explain things!!

Comment

Die cutter is Paper punch, right?

Comment

It's a machine that allows you to cut your own shapes or for embossing using dies or embossing folders. They are great machines and there are many on the market. I have the cuttlebug which i really love.

If you want to see the cuttlebug you can see it here

Or if you google die cutters you can check out all the others on the market.

HTH
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Can you cut any shapes out of it? Or do you have to use stencils that the company produce for use with the cutter you have?

What i mean is can you design your own things to cut out?
          Yvonne
          x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
          My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

On an electrical cutting plotter such as a craft robo yes but on the manual die cut machine you buy dies. They don't have to be from same manufacturer as many machine will take different make dies etc
            Emma
            Sassy Crafts Blog
            My Blog

Comment

thank you for your help, the cuttlebugs are a bit pricy, will save up first I think (I have other hobbies on the go!)

can I just ask, what is embossing and how do you do it?

Comment

Embossin can be done by a lightbox, stencil and embossing tool or with a die cutter such as cuttle bug you buy the folder put card between it and run it through your machine (which is so much easier and a much nicer effect). There are some folders on the link i gave you, i also have some samples on my blog here all the embossed parts of these cards are done using the cuttlebug folders.

Hope that helps
                Emma
                Sassy Crafts Blog
                My Blog

Comment

oooooow, there lovely!, now I see, very clever, thanks for the links aswell I will study them thank you !

Comment

Working...
                  X