What do you do with glitter powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with glitter powder?

I have a few jars of coloured glitter powder that I never use because I always find they really add too much bling to my cards... I guess I just don't know how to use them!
    What do you do with them?
    Have a great day!

Fofita

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Dancingunderarainbow

i add glitter more to the embellishment i use on a card , say a bit on some flowers or for a background using double sided adhesive sheets (see my blog)
    adding it to a card topper to enhance your image, i use it on everything at xmas for snow scene etc, i was always told less is more when it comes to glitter . hope that helps

Comment

I've sometimes done glittery swirls or writing on my cards, but do agree less is more unkess you want a just glittery card, which I find comes out looking like my 4 year old made it! It might be that I'm not doing it right!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I think it was on Kirsti's Christmas television show where she pushed a stick into a polystyrene bauble, coated the bauble with adhesive and dipped it into a bowl of glitter.
        I think I have notes about it somewhere......... I intend to have a go at this.
        I also have quite a lot of glitter to use and so I will be interested to read your replies.

Comment

Less is definitely the way to go with glitter. I tend to use a watered down brush stroke of the paint colour where I want it - rather than using glue. Then dipping a dry brush into the glitter, hover above where you want it to fall and lightly tap the brush.

Comment

If you have red glitter:
            For christmassy cards
            Use double sided tape and sprinkle the glitter over it - makes a nice sparly border near the top...

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I just love the polystyrene bauble idea! And I have some at home so I'll definitely try it!
              Have a great day!

Fofita

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Dancingunderarainbow

Comment

I never use glitter ... not the thick stuff anyway. I use Glamour Dust which is finer and doesn't mask
                what's underneath. I use a pepper pot to apply it which lets you put it where you want it and I use a quickie
                glue pen so you don't get too much glue on whatever you're doing. And I always do it on a folded sheet of paper
                so you can put the excess back in the pot!

Comment

I'd love to embellish the front-side of the card with some glittery arts and words. Or you may try to make a glitter pop-up surprise card.

Comment

I use Spectrum Noir sparkle pens. I have different colours, but to be honest, the clear ones will do for most projects. I use them on [MOD EDIT, LINK DROP REMOVED], stamp illustrations, scrap booking, embellishments, wood laser cuts, on the tips of paper flowers. Just about everything. And because of the brush tips you can be pretty precise on getting the glitter only where you want it.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 3dDave; 28-01-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X