Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marianne Craftables and Creatables - What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marianne Craftables and Creatables - What am I doing wrong?

I have bought a few Marianne Craftable and Creatable cutting dies and tried die cutting with them but they keep sticking to the die and don't cut very well. I am using a Cuttlebug manual die cutting machine for these which apparently they will go through but I am being rather unsuccessful with them. I have no problem with any other dies just these. Any help would be much appreciated as I have bought loads of dies and they would appear to be useless in this machine.
    Angela Devine

Lots people have reported problems with these until they sort out the exact sandwich needed - they do take some fiddling with to get it right and will vary depending on the materials being cut. I think someone posted something on youtube designed to help resolve the issues. The very detailed design dies often give a little problem with extraction after cutting...again there is a hints and tips vid out there someplace. I don't have probs with Marianne dies but I am not using a bug...it seems mainly bug users who experience the issues...but they are not insurmountable and the dies are so pretty its worth persevering if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Christa View Post
      Lots people have reported problems with these until they sort out the exact sandwich needed - they do take some fiddling with to get it right and will vary depending on the materials being cut. I think someone posted something on youtube designed to help resolve the issues. The very detailed design dies often give a little problem with extraction after cutting...again there is a hints and tips vid out there someplace. I don't have probs with Marianne dies but I am not using a bug...it seems mainly bug users who experience the issues...but they are not insurmountable and the dies are so pretty its worth persevering if you can.
      Thank you I'll pop over to You Tube and have a look. What machine are you using?
      Angela Devine

Comment

I have a sizzix machine and almost gave up with one of the dies. My mum in law has the same machine and can use it in hers. I had to use a shim, another thin piece of card on top of the die to get the exact 'sandwich' to get a clean cut. It took a trial with almost every thickness of card to use as a shim to get it right. I found the best card to cut is 160gsm copier card. I use a pricking tool to push the cut item out of the die. The die does have lots of small holes to push the cut item out so perhaps it supposed to be like that? (Unless I'm talking about the wrong dies). Once I have the item part out I run the pricking tool needle between the cut item and the die it to get the rest out.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftychez View Post
          I have a sizzix machine and almost gave up with one of the dies. My mum in law has the same machine and can use it in hers. I had to use a shim, another thin piece of card on top of the die to get the exact 'sandwich' to get a clean cut. It took a trial with almost every thickness of card to use as a shim to get it right. I found the best card to cut is 160gsm copier card. I use a pricking tool to push the cut item out of the die. The die does have lots of small holes to push the cut item out so perhaps it supposed to be like that? (Unless I'm talking about the wrong dies). Once I have the item part out I run the pricking tool needle between the cut item and the die it to get the rest out.
          I can get the die cut out (eventually) but it is so fiddly with the delicate designs it takes forever!
          Angela Devine

Comment

There is some release product you can buy but I'm not sure how it works or how successful it is.

I have a Big Shot and so far haven't had any probs

Comment

I know it takes a while. My mum in law has lots of these but the less lacey ones aren't as bad. She said you can get come sort of spray to stop them sticking as much. You might get a similar subject in a thicker, easier die by another manufacturer. I only have a sizzix machine and I can use lots of different dies in this machine.

Comment

Rub them over with a tumble drier sheet before you cut with them, it helps to release the bits!! If Spellbinders work with your machine then so should Marianne & Joycraft. I'm using a Grand Calibur at the moment and I do find that you need to place dies in different places to get them to cut properly. Try putting the dies through a second time but have it in a different place or turning the die round.

Comment

Hi,tumble dyer sheets do work.Keep the sandwich as A+c+b,hope it helps.
                  moni

www.folksy.com/shops/krazykrafts4u
                  http://krazykraftscardskeepsakes.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Krazy-...41816422497756"

Comment

Originally posted by moni219 View Post
                    Hi,tumble dyer sheets do work.Keep the sandwich as A+c+b,hope it helps.
                    Thank you I'm going to try the tumble dryer sheets - it seems such a waste to have bought the dies to give up!
                    Angela Devine

Comment

What weight paper or card are you trying to cut? I found paper too thin and most card too think. I managed to get a lacey diecut using 160gsm copier card. Please let me know if you manage it with any other weight paper and card. Can't wait to hear how you get on with the tumble dryer sheet! The glitter girls use tumble dryer sheets to make paper or card more slippy so it should work, fingers crossed.

Comment

I have got a big shot and they cut fine with a multiple platform. I heard if you use wax paper first then the paper will not stick to the die as much. Also for me, I will go through the die a couple of time to get a even cut
                        Bebebubu
                        Last edited by Bebebubu; 16-01-2012, 09:07 AM.
                        http://jewellerybebe.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.bebebubu.co.uk
                        http://www.facebook.com/Jewellerybebeblog

Comment

Originally posted by Craftychez View Post
                          What weight paper or card are you trying to cut? I found paper too thin and most card too think. I managed to get a lacey diecut using 160gsm copier card. Please let me know if you manage it with any other weight paper and card. Can't wait to hear how you get on with the tumble dryer sheet! The glitter girls use tumble dryer sheets to make paper or card more slippy so it should work, fingers crossed.
                          I was cutting it with quite thick card so maybe that's part of the problem - I'm going to have another go today!
                          Angela Devine

Comment

Originally posted by adevine View Post
                            I was cutting it with quite thick card so maybe that's part of the problem - I'm going to have another go today!
                            Yes, thats the problem. The thin metal dies only cut very thin card. Sizzlits are for thin card too. If you want to cut thick card you need the chucnky dies that are about 15mm deep.

Bebebubu - all (bigshot) machines are slightly different due to manufacturing tollerances. Mum-in-law and I both have a bigshot and I have to use a thin cardboard shim when using the die she can run through okay with the cutting plates and platform. My machine is new too so I would expect my rollers to be stronger and tighter than hers. I needed to use a shim of quite thick card >200gsm on top of the thin metal die in the sandwich cutting plates on top of the full platform.

Comment

Hi in some of the intricate dies the paper does get stuck, try using wax paper or greaseproof or baking parchment. i personally use the waxy paper that you get inside cereal boxes works a treat and is free and is recycling. if you buy bread in wax paper you can use that too. hth

Comment

Working...
                              X