embossing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• embossing

hi all, can anyone advise me on whether you have to use a heat gun as a heat source for embossing? can i use a hairdryer on hot setting?

sam

Hiya

No, a hairdryer would blow the powders where the heat gun just heats them up.

Have also heard about the light bulb and toaster thing but you would be there ages.

hth?

x
    aly
    I want it and I want it now goddammit!!!!!!!!!!

www.alyscraftycards.co.uk

www.crazycrafters.co.uk

Comment

Hi

I tried embossing without much luck. I did not have a heat tool and burned my fingers over the gas ring trying to get it all hot enough without success.

A magazine said to try a hair dryer. It did not get it hot enough.

I have just found out that if you know anyone with a Webb Ivory Catalogue (people tend to sell stuff through them for good causes such a girl guides, etc,) they are offering a heat tool for £10.

Hope this is of use.

Good luck
      jackieruth
      jruthnorman

Comment

Argos sell an embossing kit for £20.Heat gun, 1 clear ink pad and 2 ,metallic embossing powders all for £20!!
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Hi,

Well I use a hot air gun i.e those used for paint stripping. You just have to be careful not to keep it in one place or the lot can go brown and be careful where you aim it!!
          Works great though
          craftcellar.co.uk
          facebook.com/craftcellar
          twitter.com/craftcellar

Comment

I used to hold over a light bulb which worked quite well but remember not to look at the bulb too long. The heat gun works much faster and is nicer to use but worth trying the light bulb to see if you enjoy it I am sure you will

Fiona

Comment

You can get a heat gun from Biyes for about £15.
              Nattelie xx

Comment

Hairdryer

Hi
                I imagine you probably cant use a hairdryer as it would blow away the powder, heat guns simply apply heat over the powder and not hot air like a hair dryer would.

You'd be cleaning up powder for days!

Bex

Comment

Working...
                X