Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate for some advice on electronic die cutters

Hi all.

I know that there are a lot of threads about this kind of thing already, having read a lot of them, but the advice I need is quite specific.

I'm looking at investing in an electronic die cutting machine to develop my wedding invitation designs into a business.

I need a cutter where I can design the (often very intricate) pattern and have the machine cut it out multiple times, as conveniently as possible, potentially out of chipboard or balsa wood. I don't want running costs to be excessive , and I'd like to have the possibility of making large versions, so ideally a cutting width of 12" or close to it and a longer cutting length would be better.

I'm not keen on the look of the cricut given the recent court cases curtailing the use of software to support it, but all of the other machines that I've looked at reviews of seem to complain of substandard software, a small cutting surface, or poor cutting of intricate shapes.

Please help!

Anna

I have a Pazzles Inspiration and find it full fills all my cutting needs. Chipboard it not a problem for the Pazzles but I'm not to sure about the balsa wood cos I have not cut that on my machine.
    It comes with software so you can design your own images / pattens to cut.
    Cutting mats come in two sizes 12" X 12" and 12" x 24"
    and if you wish to can purchase the Pro software for extra features, I don't have this so can't say how much better it is but have heard that it is good.
    Recently Pazzles have brought out a mat and cutting tools so you can even use the same machine to cut out sugar paste to decorate cakes with.
    Regards Sue
    www.thepinkshopblog.com

Comment

I have a quickutz silhouette machine. You can buy designs or make your own. I have only ever cut thick card with it so I don't know if it would cut chipboard. There is a forum run my the man ufacturer of one of these machines. It might be called something like UK Scrappers.

Comment

I use a Pazzles [MOD EDIT - please read the forum rules]
        nattynetty
        Super Moderator
        Last edited by nattynetty; 16-11-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Hi Anna,

I have the cricut machine and what you want to do it would be no good, You can get stronger blades for it so it can cut wood but am not sure how thick the wood can be. And unless you purchase the bigger cricut machine it is limited in size, the little one is fine for me but I only make cards!

Hope that is some help!

Comment

Hi Anna, I have my eye on this one: Craft Robo Silhouette Cutting Machine.

I looked it up on YouTube and watched the demo and it looked fab. According to the blurb it seems to cut all the things you want it to and have the features you're after.

I'm saving up for it as it's about £280
            www.helensmalldesigns.co.uk
            https://www.facebook.com/HelenSmallDesigns
            Small Things Bright and Beautiful blog: Here

Comment

Originally posted by The One at 352 View Post
              Hi Anna, I have my eye on this one: Craft Robo Silhouette Cutting Machine.

I looked it up on YouTube and watched the demo and it looked fab. According to the blurb it seems to cut all the things you want it to and have the features you're after.

I'm saving up for it as it's about £280
              Mine is a Silhouette machine but there are two manufacturers with very similar machines with similar sounding names. I'm not sure what the differences are between them.

Comment

Working...
              X