Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Cuttlebug

Hiya,
    I'm new to this and I have no idea what I'm doing lol.
    Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread and if these questions have been asked before. (I'm sure they haven't)

I've just ordered myself a Cuttlebug. I love craft making and thought this would come in useful.
    The only problem is I have no idea what it does and what I need for it, haha I know terrible!!

I THINK I have some sort of idea. You use dies, and the machine cuts out the shape of your chosen die? I.e - a sizzix doll body die cuts you the shape of a dolls body out? Where as an embossing board gives the card a raised design?

So sorry if this all sounds stupid I just have no idea what I'm doing haha.

Just thought I'd join here for some well needed advice, hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Thank you

Kirsty
    xx

Enchanted Crafts
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Telephone: 07969331071

Yes thats right, you can buy dies and put them through. It's also great for embossing, again you need to buy the embossing folders, much quicker than doing it with a light box etc. It will also take most other brands of dies and embossing folders, you might just need to use the 'c' plates or in some cases just one 'b'. It will all make more sense when you get it and start using it.
    Jan x

[email protected]
    http://http://www.facebook.com/Couturebyjan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/couturebyjan

Comment

Hi Kirsty88,

There are lots of videos online that show you how to use the Cuttlebug, so you might find those helpful. We always get feedback about how easy it is to use, so you should have no problems picking it up!

If you've ordered the latest V2 model, you'll probably want to invest in a C Plate too. This lets you use thin dies in the machine (Spellbinders Nestabilities, etc), and if you want to try embossing it's probably a good idea to get an embossing mat too. Other than that, it's just a case of stocking up on dies, embossing folders and card and getting stuck in!
      Handy Hippo - have a click, take a peek
      Craft Supplies for Card Making

Comment

Thank you Janiebird and Handy Hippo for your help.
        Every things a lot more clearer now

I have ordered the V2 model, I've also ordered the spacer 'a', cutting pad 'b', replacement adapter 'c' and some dies in the post.
        So hopefully I have everything I need - Can't wait to get started.

I'll let you know how I get on

Thanks again for your help
        Kirsty
        xx

Enchanted Crafts
        E-mail: [email protected]
        Telephone: 07969331071

Comment

I used to enjoy making cards until I bought my Cuttlebug, now I LOVE IT!! The 'bug' will really open up your crafting world, (although will probably cost you another fortune on top of what you've already got, lol). You might want to look at investing in some Nestabilities by Spellbinders - be warned - they're very addictive. They come in various shapes and sizes, but always help to make a really nice focal point for a character or whatever to sit on.

Have fun with your new toys when they arrive, and let us know how you get on.

Judi x

Comment

Working...
          X