Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personalised Cards

Hi there,

I am thinking of offering personalised cards, the majority of my cards are generic and (I think!) great for any occasion but I'm just wondering if a more personalised touch would be better.
    Can I ask your opinions? Would you prefer a card that can be used for any occasion or a personal one?

Thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

Like you my cards can you used for many occasions, I have been told by many people that they like this, as they are not limited to who/why they send them. However, there are those who think that it isn't right for the cards not to be personalised. I guess it's a matter of taste, maybe it's an idea to do a mix.
    Harmonia's

www.harmonias.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harmonias/165589430154256

Comment

You could always offer on the spot personalising of cards for those that definitely want extra text on it.
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi Vicky,

My daughter has just received a personal card for a special occasion and I have to say, it stood out from all the rest. You could offer this as an optional extra to your clients.

All the best in your new venture.
        Couture Card Creations
        Stirlingshire
        www.couturecardcreations.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Couture-Card-Creations/114271528661516?

Comment

I'm only a hobby card maker but my customers pre order the subject of the card and say if they need any text adding to the background, as a peel off or on a banner.

Young girls football cards are popular for teenage girls that play football or them want the card in their team colours.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Vicky

Comment

I don't make cards to sell. But my aunt does; and I remember when I first started crafting she advised me NOT to go down the route of personalising cards (if I ever did decide to sell them, that is) because I'll end up getting complicated and time-consuming requests.

One example she gave me, that particularly stuck in my head, was a commission for a "Sorry your school burned down" card. LOL! Seriously! And she said this was at a time when she hadn't started using a computer to print off greetings to stick on cards - so the poor soul either stamped, or used stickers, or rub-ons or whatever!

I think personalised cards are a nice idea. And if you are happy to offer that service then it's perhaps a good selling point for your cards.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Lori
              x
              My PInterest profile

Comment

I make personalised cards to order but I sell generic cards at craft fairs. ...and have repeat customers who buy 10 -12 general cards at a time (do not have specific greeting on the front...maybe say just for you or just because...) and say they prefer to have a selection of cards to hand just in case and they love the idea that a card can be used for just about any occasion - all they have to do is write their own message inside. I always take options with me to add to cards but have only been asked three times to do this.

Comment

Think I will continue to make general cards and offer a personalised service if required. Thanks everyone!

Vicky

Comment

Working...
                  X