Card Competition for UK mums who make greetings cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Competition for UK mums who make greetings cards

Hi just wondered if there are any UK mums on here who make greetings cards?

There is a Facebook page called More Than Mummies that are running a competition at the moment but you have to enter a photo of your card by 31st May, so not long (see the notes section for all the details).

It's a page trying to help support mums with businesses or hobbies and you can tell people what you are selling to try and increase your sales.

It's really good and is very supportive of crafty types, there's also a competition for a childrens cake made by a mum!

Shame I'm not lucky enough to be a mum then
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Not another discriminatory thread

Comment

Yup! We card-making no-children women are having a hard time today.
        One craft project, like one cookie, is never enough!

http://christmaspiecrafts.blogspot.com/
        Twitter: @jillspain
        http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristmasPieCrafts

Comment

I guess I don't qualify seeing as I'm childless... Seems a bit unfair, what's being a mam got to do with being good at card making?
          Add me please www.facebook.com/nappycakes1511

Comment

Originally posted by hayleyhandmade View Post
            I guess I don't qualify seeing as I'm childless... Seems a bit unfair, what's being a mam got to do with being good at card making?
            or anything else for that matter.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
              or anything else for that matter.
              Absolutely! Wonder if they are excluding card making dads too.. Maybe we should start our own competition that's open to all, make things a bit fairer lol

Comment

Just wondering how proof of mummyness is established...surely production of random small person cannot be enough since one can usually borrow one of these from frazzled owners without too much effort and DNA testing to establish true mummyness is a tad extreme methinks....obviously they must be relying on the honesty of mummies...after all mummies would never tell a lie ....

Comment

Originally posted by Christa View Post
                  Just wondering how proof of mummyness is established...surely production of random small person cannot be enough since one can usually borrow one of these from frazzled owners without too much effort and DNA testing to establish true mummyness is a tad extreme methinks....obviously they must be relying on the honesty of mummies...after all mummies would never tell a lie ....
                  Very good point!!
                  Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

The OP has not been back to check the results of their thread yet. Like to be a fly on the wall when they do.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hmm it might be possible to "borrow" a child then lol shame my youngest cousin is 8... no one would believe I'm old enough to be his mam. Still don't see why this competition excludes us childless people, having a kid doesn't prove cardmaking prowess.

Comment

I'm still a mum even though I don't have any living children.

It really annoys me when childless people are made to feel excluded in this way. Not everyone has made the choice to be childless.
                        Carol
                        Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                        Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

The vast majority of competitons can be seen as prejudiced against some people. Every competiton can't be open to absolutely everyone. I could say that this competition excludes me because I'm male, childless and don't make cards. There are always going to be competitions that exclude someone. The best thing to do is to just accept it with and move on.
                          Stephen
                          Website - Soy of the North
                          Blog - If Soy Candles Could Talk
                          Twitter - random thoughts
                          Facebook - more random thoughts

Comment

Working...
                          X