printed photo's on cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printed photo's on cards

Hi I have a friend who takes his own photo's and wants to have them professionally printed onto greetings cards for his own use. As it's not something I know anything about I wondered if anyone had used a service like this or had any suggestions?

Cheers,

cj
    www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
    Become a facebook fan
    Check out my blog

I have no personal experience but a close friend of mine did this... even after checking dozens of print companies, she struggled for ages to get the results she wanted. Colour calibration was an issue apparently.

Dunno if it will help, but her advice is:- get test print samples using his own images rather than relying on stock samples...make sure he is 100% happy with the results then negotiate the price...get agreed terms in writing. Check items once delivered and do not accept anything less than what he paid for/agreed.

Comment

Thanks christa I'll mention it to him

cj
      Become a facebook fan
      Check out my blog

Comment

I use Moo to get them in small numbers, to see how they look, then a local printer who is also a graphic designer so works on my images for me, to get them just right.

Judith
        www.happysheepdesigns.com

Photographic cards, prints and gifts, and hand-knitted/crocheted accessories and clothing

www.busyted.co.uk

Home of Busy Ted! Also find him on Twitter @busytedstuff and on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Judith

cj
          Become a facebook fan
          Check out my blog

Comment

I think, with photos, it also depends what grade of card/paper you print them on. My sister in law prints them on photo paper and then incorporates them into the card.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Trish

cj
              Become a facebook fan
              Check out my blog

Comment

Working...
              X